Re: Roskovce Slovakia

  • JohnY
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 11, 2013
      Woops, I did not get emails with those other replies. sorry
    • Marjorie
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 11, 2013
        Yes John...thanks this is the village...thanks to all

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "JohnY" <johnyowpa.iii@...> wrote:

        > @Marjorie
        >
        > Do you mean this village?
        > http://www.cisarik.com/0_Roskovce_Medzilaborce_PV_Zemplen_Zemplin.html
        >
        > Roskovce?

      • CurtB
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 11, 2013
          Marjorie,
          OK, in that case the Greek Catholic records are with those of the neighboring village of Sukov.

          Curt B.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Marjorie" <msysakcano@...> wrote:

          > Yes John...thanks this is the village...thanks to all
          >
          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "JohnY" <johnyowpa.iii@> wrote:
          > >
          > > @Marjorie
          > >
          > > Do you mean this village?
          > > http://www.cisarik.com/0_Roskovce_Medzilaborce_PV_Zemplen_Zemplin.html
          > >
          > > Roskovce?

        • JohnY
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 11, 2013
            @curt

            I assume then that those are not online as I do not see them on familysearch.

            @marjorie, where did they settle? I saw some with similar names who settled where some of my ancestors settled.
          • CurtB
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 11, 2013
              Yes, they are online. Family search - Greek Catholic Records - Medzilaborce - Sukov. It also comes up just under a place search.

              Curt B.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 11, 2013
                Hmm I wonder if I have been doing place name searching incorrectly, will have to look into that tomorrow.
              • CurtB
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 11, 2013
                  The records for Sukov are there, and they contain those of the village of Roskovce, but unfortunately the records prior to 1885 are lost. So records of 1865 which she seeks are not available.

                  Curt B.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 12, 2013
                    Most of the Gonos family are found in Mala Polana...still checking out all the ideas sent from everyone...thanks!