Re: Looking for Michael Rubaczky or Rubacky or Rubasky

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2013
      JoAnne,
      Note that he is already in his 30's in the draft registration and 1920 census and that he is unmarried. In the draft registration in Chicago he gives his brother in Pennsylvania as his nearest relative. In the census of 1920 he is living in a West Madison St. lodging which was a skid row residence for poor day laborers.

      He probably never married. But since you found his death on the death index, you should order a copy of his death certificate from the office of the Cook county Clerk. They are online. This is likely to have further information.

      Have you actually found his birth record in Zborov or are you guessing or going by tradition?

      Curt B.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jerubasky1" <jerubasky1@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      > I hope that everyone is enjoying their summer so far. I'm looking for information on my Great-Grandfather Joseph Rubaczky or Rubasky or Rubacky brother Michael. He was born on 14 Oct. 1885 in Zborov,Saris, Slovakia and died on 12 Oct. 1952 in Chicago, Cook, IL. The only information I have on him is a World War I draft card and 1920 United States Census that states he was living in Chicago area. Know seen to know what happened to him or even if he had a family? I hope you can help me out in some way.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > JoAnne :)

    • jerubasky1
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2013
        John- My Great-Grandfather family members were Roman Catholic.