Re: Maux/Maxa/Mauson

  • mail4amn
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7, 2013
      Thanks but the family was here by then. I'm looking more for 1882 and 1887 for births. No idea when or if the parents married. I will get the hang of this yet...

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "JohnY" <johnyowpa.iii@...> wrote:

      > https://familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Ffamilysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2FM97R-93G%3A305047199%3Fcc%3D1930345
      >

      > here is the 1921 census
      >
      > I did not notice the family name as it did not come across in email, just on the site

    • mail4amn
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2013
        The parents names are Nicholas J. Maux and Rosa Homolka (I'm not sure that is correct) and the son born in Illinois is Nicholas Joseph Maux. We have noticed a lot of conflicting information on any documents (census, etc.) that she signed and/or gave information on. The birth certificate also states that there were no other living children at the time. She had two living daughters then. The birth certificate also states that they both were born in Bohemia, Country--Austria Hungary. It claims that the father was a locksmith at that time (Bohemia or US??). There is an affidavit attached to the birth certificate stating the birth certificate is correct and signed by Rosa Maux in 1940 (She was an Adamson at that time). I do not have any information on her siblings (if any) or her parents. So far, have been unable to locate Rosa, or any Maux, on any passenger lists. Hope this info helps.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "JohnY" <johnyowpa.iii@...> wrote:

        > what are the full names on the documents you have?

      • Audrey Nemeth
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 7, 2013
          One more thing here, according to Rosa's second marriage certificate (from Iowa in 1892), she claims her maiden name is Maxson with her parents as Joseph Maxson and Leonora Bines or Bires.