Ship Manifest DOB

  • smithave@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22 11:07 AM
      The ship manifest page at the Ellis Island site showed a place for data of
      birth at the bottom of the page. In my g-m's case, the date in the DOB block
      was the date the ship arrived, not her DOB. Did the actual ship manifest have
      the date of birth of the passenger ? Where could I see the actual ship
      manifest for the STUTTGART which docked in NYC 12--5-1895 ?

      Thanks for your help.

      Ray Strobo
      Researching Paulk,Granger,Harp/Harpe,Moody,Copeland
    • gografix
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23 4:24 PM
        Ray--
        On the Ellis Island site, there is a place to the left that you can
        click on that says "Original Manifest", I clicked on that for the
        surname I was searching & got kicked off. I will try again, REAL early
        in the morning!
        Or since you know the ship of arrival, you could always order the LDS
        film! I have heard that there are mistakes/mis-spellings, but you know
        it's hard to read all those manifests!
        **Has anyone else clicked on that "Original Manifest" at the left
        of page & gotten to see one?

        Even though it's not easy staying online at the site right now, I think
        it's wonderful!!!
        I found my Great Grandmother, grandmother(child) & her mother on there.
        They have one of my Aunt's age as 8y instead of 8months.
        They also spelled my great Grandmothers name as Katharina, instead of
        Kathryn. Also they had my Grandmother's last name as Guyrea or something
        instead of Gyurcso(Durco)
        later, Jan (FL) :-)

        > Where could I see the actual ship
        > manifest for the STUTTGART which docked in NYC 12--5-1895 ?
      • John
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23 4:39 PM
          At 07:24 PM 4/23/01 -0400, you wrote:
          >Or since you know the ship of arrival, you could always order the LDS
          >film! I have heard that there are mistakes/mis-spellings, but you know
          >it's hard to read all those manifests!
          >**Has anyone else clicked on that "Original Manifest" at the left
          >of page & gotten to see one?

          Yes, I've downloaded many. The ones in the 1920's that I looked at were
          typewritten and easy to read. They were from ships sailing from
          English and French ports. Once you get them enlarged by clicking on the
          enlarge button on the right, save them by right clicking and saving the
          picture as a .gif file or .bmp file.

          John
        • gografix
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 24 2:16 PM
            Hello-
            I just received an email from :
            "Kuzminsky Family" <kuz@...>
            I was not familiar with your name, but you quoted my post below.
            The problem was, the attachment! when I tried replying back to you to
            make sure it was "lagit", the message got returned...

            For everyone else, Please excuse my e-mail, I didn't know what else to do.
            jan

            > regarding my post of: Ray--
            > On the Ellis Island site, there is a place to the left that you
            > can click on that says "Original Manifest", I clicked on that for the surname I was searching & got kicked off. I will try again, REAL
            > early in the morning!
            > Or since you know the ship of arrival, you could always order the
            > LDS film! I have heard that there are mistakes/mis-spellings, but you know it's hard to read all those manifests!
            > **Has anyone else clicked on that "Original Manifest" at the left
            > of page & gotten to see one?
          • gografix
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 24 2:16 PM
              Hello-
              I just received an email from :
              "Kuzminsky Family" <kuz@...>
              I was not familiar with your name, but you quoted my post below.
              The problem was, the attachment! when I tried replying back to you to
              make sure it was "legit", the message got returned...

              For everyone else, Please excuse my e-mail, I didn't know what else to do.
              jan

              > regarding my post of: Ray--
              > On the Ellis Island site, there is a place to the left that you
              > can click on that says "Original Manifest", I clicked on that for the surname I was searching & got kicked off. I will try again, REAL
              > early in the morning!
              > Or since you know the ship of arrival, you could always order the
              > LDS film! I have heard that there are mistakes/mis-spellings, but you know it's hard to read all those manifests!
              > **Has anyone else clicked on that "Original Manifest" at the left
              > of page & gotten to see one?
            • John
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 24 5:57 PM
                At 05:16 PM 4/24/01 -0400, you wrote:
                >Hello-
                >I just received an email from :
                > "Kuzminsky Family" <kuz@...>
                >I was not familiar with your name, but you quoted my post below.
                >The problem was, the attachment! when I tried replying back to you to
                >make sure it was "legit", the message got returned...
                >
                >For everyone else, Please excuse my e-mail, I didn't know what else to do.
                >jan

                Jan, I just received an E-mail with an attachment from
                the"KuzminskyFamily". The attachment was labeled "news_doc.scr". My
                McAffee virus scanner caught it as it came in. It identified it as a virus
                called W32/Badtrans@MM. I followed the instructions to Delete and it came
                back to tell me it couldn't delete the file. I then tried Clean and it
                said it couldn't clean the file. I tried moving it from my Eudora download
                directory and was told I couldn't move it. The last option was Exclude and
                that did something. I ran a virus scan on my C drive and found no infected
                files. I then went to my download directory and saw the attachments at the
                bottom of the post but there were red X's through the attachment boxes. I
                deleted the messages and then went to the Trash directory and deleted them
                from there.

                Jan, I received two copies of the Kuzminsky Post and two copies of your
                post at the same time. Do you have virus scanning program with the latest
                virus data files. I hope you did not get infected. Please read Maura's
                post on this virus and check for viruses if you haven't already.

                John