ZLAMALA from OSUSKE

  • MGMojher
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 25, 2013
      In September I will be going to Slovakia with two cousins. One’s ancestral village is Osuske from which her great grandfather Pavol Zlamala immigrated. Does any Slovak-Roots member have a connection with the village or surname?
      Does any member have the means to look at the land line telephone directory for Zlamala in Osuske?
      Michael Mojher

    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 26, 2013
        Zlamal, Males    http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Zlamal/slovensko/

        Zlamal Females   http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Zlamalova/slovensko/

        Michale,
        As you see, there are no listings for Osuske but that does not mean there are none there.  Phone directories are a good start but not 100% positive

        Z  bohom,

        Vilko

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 26, 2013
          Vilko,
          Thanks for trying the online directory. I was wondering if there is a listing for the wired telephone numbers online.

          In September I will be going to Slovakia with two cousins. One’s ancestral village is Osuske from which her great grandfather Pavol Zlamala immigrated. Does any Slovak-Roots member have a connection with the village or surname?
          Does any member have the means to look at the land line telephone directory for Zlamala in Osuske?
          Michael Mojher

        • lacox777
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 26, 2013
            ZLAMAL and ZLAMALA are two different male surnames.

            Here is the listing for Zlamala, unfortunatly no Osuske.
            http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Zlamala/slovensko/

            The female form for both surnames is Zlamalova.

            Ladislav

            In September I will be going to Slovakia with two cousins. One’s ancestral village is Osuske from which her great grandfather Pavol Zlamala immigrated. Does any Slovak-Roots member have a connection with the village or surname?
            Does any member have the means to look at the land line telephone directory for Zlamala in Osuske?
            Michael Mojher

          • christopher gajda
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 27, 2013
              Just got back home after spending a month with relatives in Uzhgorod; one month is NOT enough!!

              I took over 2000 still photo's, and hours of audio and video of Folk Singing and Slavonic Liturgical chant in local village churches. If anyone is interested in viewing, I have many posted at chrisgoestoukraine.blogspot.com.

              When I have more time, I also plan on uploading audio and video to YouTube.

            • htcstech
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 27, 2013
                Brilliant! I just got back myself from a Slovak-Magyar trip - 6 weeks :)
                Those pics look so familiar. And Hurka IS the best.
                Peter M.
                (sorry for going off-topic)

                On 27 June 2013 22:25, christopher gajda <christophergajda@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Just got back home after spending a month with relatives in Uzhgorod; one
                > month is NOT enough!!
                >
                > I took over 2000 still photo's, and hours of audio and video of Folk
                > Singing and Slavonic Liturgical chant in local village churches. If anyone
                > is interested in viewing, I have many posted at
                > chrisgoestoukraine.blogspot.com.
                >
                > When I have more time, I also plan on uploading audio and video to
                > YouTube.

              • Nick
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 27, 2013
                  At 08:25 PM 27/06/2013, you wrote:
                  >chrisgoestoukraine.blogspot.com.

                  Chris, I have looked for your blog using the address you posted but I
                  get blog not found message

                  Regards
                  Nick
                • Caye Caswick
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 27, 2013

                    Excellent blog, Chris, thanks for sharing -- I'm only a couple days in and laughing.  Looks exactly like Hungary and Slovakia -- the homes, the villages, the landscape, the kitchen tables, the patios, and the beautiful smiling faces -- bringing back a lot of happy memories.

                    Caye

                    ________________________________
                    Just got back home after spending a month with relatives in Uzhgorod; one month is NOT enough!!

                    I took over 2000 still photo's, and hours of audio and video of Folk Singing and Slavonic Liturgical chant in local village churches. If anyone is interested in viewing, I have many posted at chrisgoestoukraine.blogspot.com.

                    When I have more time, I also plan on uploading audio and video to YouTube.

                  • Ron
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 27, 2013
                      Try it without the period (dot) at the end of com

                      As a caution, I try to NOT post a link with a period at the end. It is too easy to miss and mess up the message.

                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nick <nickh@...> wrote:

                      > At 08:25 PM 27/06/2013, you wrote:
                      > >chrisgoestoukraine.blogspot.com.
                      >
                      > Chris, I have looked for your blog using the address you posted but I
                      > get blog not found message
                      >

                      > Regards
                      > Nick

                    • christopher gajda
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 27, 2013
                        yep - my mistake. should be no period (dot) at end

                        ________________________________
                        Try it without the period (dot) at the end of com

                        As a caution, I try to NOT post a link with a period at the end. It is too easy to miss and mess up the message.

                        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nick <nickh@...> wrote:

                        > At 08:25 PM 27/06/2013, you wrote:
                        > >chrisgoestoukraine.blogspot.com.
                        >
                        > Chris, I have looked for your blog using the address you posted but I
                        > get blog not found message
                        >

                        > Regards
                        > Nick

                      • Nick
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 27, 2013
                          >Ron, thanks for the tip, it worked. I have to admit I didn't look at
                          >the url carefully and did not notice the dot at the end.

                          Thanks again.

                          Regards
                          Nick
                        • William C. Wormuth
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 27, 2013
                            Normally, both are listed.

                            Z Bohom,

                            Vilo

                            ________________________________

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 2, 2013
                              I hope everyone has enjoyed the photo's and audio/video I posted on my blog, chrisgoestoukraine.blogspot.com

                              If anyone wants to see or read more on any certain topic, or questions about travel there, I will try to accommodate; I have over 2000 stills, and hours of audio and video!!!
                            • Bernardine Weigand
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 2, 2013
                                Thank you Christopher . That was quite an ambitious project. I
                                enjoyed your photos and journals. Whenever we travel I return home
                                with "many" photos... usually no less than 500 ! Of course it's so
                                much easier now with digital cameras and iphones, etc. Years back I
                                used to have dozens of film rolls in my carry-on luggage. But at
                                least I didn't have to worry about accidentally deleting them from a
                                memory stick!

                                Bernardine