unwanted postings on Slovak Roots

  • Carl
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16, 2013
      Dear Group,
      We appear to have a hacker on Slovak Roots who can post messages using the addresses of other members. I will work with the other moderators to see if we can eliminate this problem. In the mean time, please do not open links in messages that are posted without any other comments in the posting. And do not respond to such postings.
      Sorry that we are having this problem but will try to fix things as quickly as possible.
      CK
      group moderator
    • dora
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 17, 2013
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" <carl.kotlarchik@...> wrote:

        > Dear Group,
        > We appear to have a hacker on Slovak Roots who can post messages using the addresses of other members. I will work with the other moderators to see if we can eliminate this problem. In the mean time, please do not open links in messages that are posted without any other comments in the posting. And do not respond to such postings.
        > Sorry that we are having this problem but will try to fix things as quickly as possible.
        > CK
        > group moderator

        I have also had someone send a message using my email address some time ago and have since changed the password. I didn't realize that it was done through the group web site. Hope you can find who it was. I think the notification that I got was from some where in the Middle East where I have never been.
      • Sergio
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 17, 2013
          Now:
          I´ve had the same problem.