Re: [S-R] Trencin

  • Julie Michutka
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 11, 2013
      On Jun 11, 2013, at 11:17 AM, mljanson1@... wrote:

      > If that turns out to be your grandfather, you are in luck. The Turzovka church records up to 1995 are online at www.familysearch.org!

      I'll bet this year is a typo-- 1895 is much more likely. Just so no one gets their hopes up too high!

      ~ Julie Michutka
    • mlaspj
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 11, 2013
        Thanks, Julie!
        1995 WOULD have been great, but alas, it was a typo. It should say 1895. :)
        Marny

        I'll bet this year is a typo-- 1895 is much more likely. Just so no one gets their hopes up too high!

        ~ Julie Michutka

      • sq163
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 12, 2013
          Roman Catholic-Thanks

          Ray

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 12, 2013
            Marny,

            Thanks so much.  My grandfather reportedly did not get along with his father, (both named Joseph) Sucik and they did not speak at all after the early 1930's.  Grandfather's mothers name was Roznik.  Thanks for the info and I'll be looking at those records soon.

            Ray Sucik

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 12, 2013
              As an exercise in attempting to pin down the village of birth/marriage, you can plug the surnames into the Cisarik web site and try to find villages in the Trencin area that are close together.

              There is a strong likelihood that the families lived within TWO villages distance. Here are the ROZNIK possibilities.

              Roznik site:www.cisarik.com