Help with 1869 Census and some Cyrillic (?) marriage & baptism

  • bassfantastic
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2013
      CENSUS QUESTIONS:
      http://www.breny.com/pics/Census1869_Andrijov_buildings.jpg
      Why is there no livestock page and what is this blank page before the building

      http://www.breny.com/pics/Census1869_Andrijov_people.jpg
      On line 5 that looks like it was changed to line six, what is the word column 6? Would that be divorced? Uncommon for Roman Catholic. Is there any hint as to the relationship of the person in row 5(1) with any others?

      Now that I found the family in the census, I see they had an additional 2 children that I hadn't known about. So I was trying to find their baptisms but I think the forms are in Cyrillic and although I looked through them based on the names I couldn't find any record.
      So either I'm looking in the wrong place or I totally missed it.

      Looking for Maria 1858 and Ilona 1860: parents Gyorgy Misko and Ilona Bajusz - from Natafala
      Starting 1856 Baptisms
      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12049-102495-65?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-WR6:38222521

      In addition, I was looking for marriage records of Gyorgy Misko from Natafala and Ilona Bajusz from L'Volya (the parents of the above children)
      They are from this census:
      http://www.breny.com/pics/Census1869_Misko_people.jpg

      I was assuming that the first child on the census was their first and that was in 1858, so I started searching marriages in 1856 here:
      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12049-102684-66?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-WR6:38222521
      Again, these records appear to be Cyrillic and I had no success finding them.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Brenda
    • CurtB
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2013
        Looking for Maria and Ilona Misko...

        Be sure to cast your search widely when looking for them. The dates of birth estimated in the census are frequently in error. It seems most people then didn't know specifically when their children were born.

        In the Natafalva records you cite see image 68, 20 Sept. 1858. Birth of Elena, daughter of Georgii Misko and wife Elena B. You can see what the names look like in Cyrillic script there.

        Curt B.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "bassfantastic" <breny@...> wrote:

        > CENSUS QUESTIONS:
        > http://www.breny.com/pics/Census1869_Andrijov_buildings.jpg
        > Why is there no livestock page and what is this blank page before the building
        >
        > http://www.breny.com/pics/Census1869_Andrijov_people.jpg
        > On line 5 that looks like it was changed to line six, what is the word column 6? Would that be divorced? Uncommon for Roman Catholic. Is there any hint as to the relationship of the person in row 5(1) with any others?
        >

        > Now that I found the family in the census, I see they had an additional 2 children that I hadn't known about. So I was trying to find their baptisms but I think the forms are in Cyrillic and although I looked through them based on the names I couldn't find any record.
        > So either I'm looking in the wrong place or I totally missed it.
        >
        > Looking for Maria 1858 and Ilona 1860: parents Gyorgy Misko and Ilona Bajusz - from Natafala
        > Starting 1856 Baptisms
        > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12049-102495-65?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-WR6:38222521
        >
        > In addition, I was looking for marriage records of Gyorgy Misko from Natafala and Ilona Bajusz from L'Volya (the parents of the above children)
        > They are from this census:
        > http://www.breny.com/pics/Census1869_Misko_people.jpg
        >
        > I was assuming that the first child on the census was their first and that was in 1858, so I started searching marriages in 1856 here:
        > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12049-102684-66?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-WR6:38222521
        > Again, these records appear to be Cyrillic and I had no success finding them.
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Brenda

      • bassfantastic
        Message 3 of 3 , May 26, 2013
          Thanks, I'll go over these records again. I did search each one from 1856 to 1860 for Maria who's date was 1858 on the census. I'll add additional years.