Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [S-R] Re: FS Database-Help with Translation

Expand Messages
  • davidsadventure4
    Dear John: When I need to translate something from Latin, I will often use GOOGLE TRANSLATE: http://translate.google.com/#la/en/ It has helped me a lot. Best
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Dear John:

      When I need to translate something from Latin, I will often use GOOGLE
      TRANSLATE:

      http://translate.google.com/#la/en/

      It has helped me a lot.

      Best regards,

      David


      In a message dated 5/12/2013 10:55:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      senzus@... writes:




      Jókő is Dobrá Voda

      http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Danko/Dobra+Voda/

      ________________________________
      From: John <_johnqadam@..._ (mailto:johnqadam@...) >
      To: _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)
      Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:51 PM
      Subject: [S-R] Re: FS Database-Help with Translation



      1) The language is not Slovak but Latin.
      2) My interpretation is that father is from Joko and mother from Szakol,
      which would be today's Skalica (Nyitra Megye).
      3) My Latin is insufficient to translate the comments column.

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22657-35081-36?cc=1554443&wc=M
      99C-ZJN:n24107064

      --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com) , "bojomo42" <bojomo@...> wrote:
      >
      > John,
      > My questions revolve around weather Ferdinandus is my grandmother's
      sibling, as this child was born before my grandmother's parents were married.
      Her father Georgius Danko was from Joko and her mother Johanna Schulcz was
      from Letovice.
      >
      > As you say, the penmanship is beautiful. My old eyes just can't make out
      the words through the swirls and whirls and I don't understand Slovak. I
      would like help with the bottom line of the second page, where the parents
      came from, who the witnesses were and the information in the last box. Any
      help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
      >
      > Joanne
      >
      > --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com) , "John" <johnqadam@> wrote:
      > >
      > > What exactly do you want translated?
      > >
      > > The penmanship is superb. Also. unusual to have two given names.
      > >
      > >
      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22657-35081-36?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-ZJN:n24107064
      > >
      > >
      > > --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com) , "bojomo42" <bojomo@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Can some one please help me with a translation of a Slovak birth
      record in the Family Search database. The document can be found at the
      following location:
      > > > Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910 > Roman Catholic >
      Bratislava > Sv Martina (Part II) > Baptisms 1863-1865, Image #240
      > > > Thanks,
      > > > Joanne Liston
      > > >
      > >
      >

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]







      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • CurtB
      A running translation: The child s name is Ferdnandus Georgius (Ferdinand George), male child of Georgius Danko, a landless laborer from Jako [present day
      Message 2 of 7 , May 12, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        A running translation:

        The child's name is Ferdnandus Georgius (Ferdinand George), male child of Georgius Danko, a landless laborer from Jako [present day Dobra Voda] in Nitra County, and Johana Schulz who is from Szakol [present day Skalica, also in Nitra],an unmarried Catholic. They are living at Varalja 348. The sponsors are Georgius Hanusz, also a landless laborer, and his wife Maria Mrovecz. Baptism performed by Rev.Carolus (Charles) Scherz, chaplain. The final note says that the natural father [Georgius Danko] requested that his name be inscribed.

        So it is likely that they were later married and had other children.

        Curt B.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johnqadam@...> wrote:
        >
        > 1) The language is not Slovak but Latin.
        > 2) My interpretation is that father is from Joko and mother from Szakol, which would be today's Skalica (Nyitra Megye).
        > 3) My Latin is insufficient to translate the comments column.
        >
        > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22657-35081-36?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-ZJN:n24107064
        >
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "bojomo42" <bojomo@> wrote:
        > >
        > > John,
        > > My questions revolve around weather Ferdinandus is my grandmother's sibling, as this child was born before my grandmother's parents were married. Her father Georgius Danko was from Joko and her mother Johanna Schulcz was from Letovice.
        > >
        > > As you say, the penmanship is beautiful. My old eyes just can't make out the words through the swirls and whirls and I don't understand Slovak. I would like help with the bottom line of the second page, where the parents came from, who the witnesses were and the information in the last box. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
        > >
        > > Joanne
        > >
        > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johnqadam@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > What exactly do you want translated?
        > > >
        > > > The penmanship is superb. Also. unusual to have two given names.
        > > >
        > > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22657-35081-36?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-ZJN:n24107064
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "bojomo42" <bojomo@> wrote:
        > > > >
        > > > > Can some one please help me with a translation of a Slovak birth record in the Family Search database. The document can be found at the following location:
        > > > > Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910 > Roman Catholic > Bratislava > Sv Martina (Part II) > Baptisms 1863-1865, Image #240
        > > > > Thanks,
        > > > > Joanne Liston
        > > > >
        > > >
        > >
        >
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.