MEDVECZ

  • baermedvecz
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2013
      I have traced my paternal Medvecz ancestors to Kelemes, Saros via LDS
      Family Search records both on microfilm and online. I have linked my
      gr-grandfather (Janos Medvecz b:1869) back two more generations: (his parents)
      Janos Medvecz-Maria Szedlak and (his gr-parents) Joannes Medvecz-Maria Jakubek
      . A marriage record for Joannes Medvecz-Maria Jakubek on 13 Nov 1828
      states their ages as 24 and 20. I cannot locate a birth record for Joannes
      Medvecz born circa 1804. Now, I have reached a point where I need some of your
      expert assistance.
      All of the above referenced records are for events in Kelemes and the
      religion is listed as RC (rk). The only other Medvecz records I can find are
      for Ruska Nova Ves under GC(gk). I am wondering (actually trying to make a
      connection) if it would have been likely that my ancestor moved from Ruska
      Nova Ves (which is less than 10 km from Kelemes) and also changed religions
      to RC? Maybe he married a RC in Kelemes and stayed in Kelemes? Maybe I’m
      trying to make a connection that does not exist. The Ruska Nova Ves area
      has many many Medvecz going back a few more generations to early 1700’s and
      I sure would like to find my Medvecz ancestry going back that far!
      Philip Baer