Re: [S-R] Looking for a 1977 Rhode Island obit for Susanna DVORSON

  • Julie Michutka
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11 2:23 PM
      If you send me her name, I'll check out a couple of online subscription sites for the obit.

      You could also google the town name plus the word "library" to bring up the website for the local library. See if there is a link for "genealogy" or "local history" on the site; if not, call the library and ask what local newspapers they might have for 1977 (might be on microfilm) and if they offer obit lookups--or whether they can refer you to a local historical society.

      You could also check the Library of Congress's site for a *some* digitized newspapers (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/) and for the US Newspaper Directory (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/search/titles/) which will help you determine just what local papers were published in 1977.

      ~ Julie Michutka
      jmm@...