[S-R] Re: Potential lead on origin of my Kokinda ancestors

  • lickridge
    Message 1 of 21 , May 7, 2013
      Thank You!
      -Mary Ellen

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

      > Here is the Lackawanna County public records website.
      >
      > www.lpa-homes.org/LPA_Applications.htm
      >
      > Enter site, click on marriages. Type in a last name.
      > To view the marriage license, click the box next to the name (there will now be an 'X' in the box).
      > Then click 'enter' on the left. The license should pop up.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Pat Watkins
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013
        I know this is a very late response, but try Rovne instead of Lovna. What
        is her last name (maiden)?

        I found a marriage document for my great-great-Aunt, where she lists a town
        of birth as Lovna, Zemplin. This is odd, because her name is listed as Anna,
        but her real name was Mary. Also, this took place in Old Forge,
        Pennsylvania, and according to my research, ALL Kokindas in Old Forge are
        related to me. I cannot seem to find this town, though. Any suggestions?

        Here is an image of the document:
        http://i.imgur.com/tp24N3C.jpg

        _____

        No virus found in this message.

        No virus found in this message.

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013
          http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Kokinda/slovensko/

          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013

            Another very late response, but check Lomne in old Zemplin county.  The name Kokinda is still found there.

            Curt B.

              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013
                http://www.cisarik.com/0_Lomne_Stropkov_PV_Zemplen_Zemplin.html

                Open this andscroll down to below the map  You will find the name Kokinda.  This is a name of one time resident family.

                Hope this is IT.

                Vilo