Re: Potential lead on origin of my Kokinda ancestors

  • lickridge
    Message 1 of 21 , May 6, 2013
      Would you mind sending me the website? I have ancestors in the general area also. I know the county borders changed over the years and would like to search their records before submitting a request.

      Thanks!
      Mary Ellen
      maryellen.pierson@...

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

      > Sorry, that link just gave me an advertisement.
      > I found Mary & Peter's marriage license on the Lackawanna County pubic records website. There are a handful of Kokina/Kokindo licenses on there. Have you seen them? Do you want the website?
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Corinne C. Musto
      Message 2 of 21 , May 6, 2013
        Here is the Lackawanna County public records website.

        www.lpa-homes.org/LPA_Applications.htm

        Enter site, click on marriages. Type in a last name.
        To view the marriage license, click the box next to the name (there will now be an 'X' in the box).
        Then click 'enter' on the left. The license should pop up.

        ________________________________
        Would you mind sending me the website?  I have ancestors in the general area also.  I know the county borders changed over the years and would like to search their records before submitting a request.

        Thanks!
        Mary Ellen
        maryellen.pierson@...

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

        > Sorry, that link just gave me an advertisement.
        > I found Mary & Peter's marriage license on the Lackawanna County pubic records website. There are a handful of Kokina/Kokindo licenses on there. Have you seen them? Do you want the website?
        >

        > ________________________________

      • lickridge
        Message 3 of 21 , May 7, 2013
          Thank You!
          -Mary Ellen

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

          > Here is the Lackawanna County public records website.
          >
          > www.lpa-homes.org/LPA_Applications.htm
          >
          > Enter site, click on marriages. Type in a last name.
          > To view the marriage license, click the box next to the name (there will now be an 'X' in the box).
          > Then click 'enter' on the left. The license should pop up.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Pat Watkins
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013
            I know this is a very late response, but try Rovne instead of Lovna. What
            is her last name (maiden)?

            I found a marriage document for my great-great-Aunt, where she lists a town
            of birth as Lovna, Zemplin. This is odd, because her name is listed as Anna,
            but her real name was Mary. Also, this took place in Old Forge,
            Pennsylvania, and according to my research, ALL Kokindas in Old Forge are
            related to me. I cannot seem to find this town, though. Any suggestions?

            Here is an image of the document:
            http://i.imgur.com/tp24N3C.jpg

            _____

            No virus found in this message.

            No virus found in this message.

          • William C. Wormuth
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013
              http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Kokinda/slovensko/

              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013

                Another very late response, but check Lomne in old Zemplin county.  The name Kokinda is still found there.

                Curt B.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013
                    http://www.cisarik.com/0_Lomne_Stropkov_PV_Zemplen_Zemplin.html

                    Open this andscroll down to below the map  You will find the name Kokinda.  This is a name of one time resident family.

                    Hope this is IT.

                    Vilo