Re: Potential lead on origin of my Kokinda ancestors

  • Czech
    Message 1 of 21 , May 5, 2013
      A lot of women shortened their names so she might have been Maryanna,
      Annamarie etc.

      --
      *Lorna R. Stein*

    • lickridge
      Message 2 of 21 , May 6, 2013
        Would you mind sending me the website? I have ancestors in the general area also. I know the county borders changed over the years and would like to search their records before submitting a request.

        Thanks!
        Mary Ellen
        maryellen.pierson@...

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

        > Sorry, that link just gave me an advertisement.
        > I found Mary & Peter's marriage license on the Lackawanna County pubic records website. There are a handful of Kokina/Kokindo licenses on there. Have you seen them? Do you want the website?
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Corinne C. Musto
        Message 3 of 21 , May 6, 2013
          Here is the Lackawanna County public records website.

          www.lpa-homes.org/LPA_Applications.htm

          Enter site, click on marriages. Type in a last name.
          To view the marriage license, click the box next to the name (there will now be an 'X' in the box).
          Then click 'enter' on the left. The license should pop up.

          ________________________________
          Would you mind sending me the website?  I have ancestors in the general area also.  I know the county borders changed over the years and would like to search their records before submitting a request.

          Thanks!
          Mary Ellen
          maryellen.pierson@...

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

          > Sorry, that link just gave me an advertisement.
          > I found Mary & Peter's marriage license on the Lackawanna County pubic records website. There are a handful of Kokina/Kokindo licenses on there. Have you seen them? Do you want the website?
          >

          > ________________________________

        • lickridge
          Message 4 of 21 , May 7, 2013
            Thank You!
            -Mary Ellen

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

            > Here is the Lackawanna County public records website.
            >
            > www.lpa-homes.org/LPA_Applications.htm
            >
            > Enter site, click on marriages. Type in a last name.
            > To view the marriage license, click the box next to the name (there will now be an 'X' in the box).
            > Then click 'enter' on the left. The license should pop up.
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Pat Watkins
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013
              I know this is a very late response, but try Rovne instead of Lovna. What
              is her last name (maiden)?

              I found a marriage document for my great-great-Aunt, where she lists a town
              of birth as Lovna, Zemplin. This is odd, because her name is listed as Anna,
              but her real name was Mary. Also, this took place in Old Forge,
              Pennsylvania, and according to my research, ALL Kokindas in Old Forge are
              related to me. I cannot seem to find this town, though. Any suggestions?

              Here is an image of the document:
              http://i.imgur.com/tp24N3C.jpg

              _____

              No virus found in this message.

              No virus found in this message.

            • William C. Wormuth
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013
                http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Kokinda/slovensko/

                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013

                  Another very late response, but check Lomne in old Zemplin county.  The name Kokinda is still found there.

                  Curt B.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013
                      http://www.cisarik.com/0_Lomne_Stropkov_PV_Zemplen_Zemplin.html

                      Open this andscroll down to below the map  You will find the name Kokinda.  This is a name of one time resident family.

                      Hope this is IT.

                      Vilo