Re: [S-R] Hlebik & Dzura - first post

  • Prabich
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2013
      Debbie,
      Email me at prabich@.... I might have some pertinent info for you as I have a relative with the name of Hlebik. I also know some Novotny - could be Novotoni
      Pat

      -----Original Message-----
      From: MzDeb <MzDeb@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun, May 5, 2013 12:42 pm
      Subject: [S-R] Hlebik & Dzura - first post

      Hi I'm Debbie Hlebik Bruna

      I'm Roman Catholic so I'm assuming my family was too.
      My Father John Michael Hlebik Jr was the son of John Hlebik and Magdalen Dzura. Here is the info that I have:

      1. JOHN1 HLEBIK He married ELONA ILOS in Czechoslovakia

      Children of JOHN HLEBIK and ELONA ILOS are:

      JOHN HLEBIK; b. August 29, 1899, Hincovce, Czechoslovakia; d. January 08, 1978, Brownsville, Pennsylvania. married to MAGDALENA DZURA, b. June 24, 1901, Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania; d. March 04, 1985, Brownsville, Pennsylvania.

      1. ANDREW1 DZURA He married ELIZABETH NOVOTNI.

      Children of ANDREW DZURA and ELIZABETH NOVOTNI are:

      2. i. MARY ELIZABETH2 DZURA, b. December 18, 1899; d. August 17, 1996, Cleveland Ohio.
      ii. MAGDALENA DZURA, b. June 24, 1901, Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania; d. March 04, 1985, Brownsville, Pennsylvania; m. JOHN HLEBIK; b. August 29, 1899, Hincovce, Czechoslovakia; d. January 09, 1978, Brownsville, Pennsylvania.

    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2013
        The 1869 Hungarian Census shows a connection to Elisabetha HLEBIK in Hincovce. Born in Almas 1828. Almas is now called Jablonov and is 5 km north of Hincovce.

        https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28477-12859-7?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-HLB:n822164210

        The 1869 Hungarian Census for Almas/Jablonov is worth researching at:
        https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-28477-29016-96?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-HFN:n1121292500