Re: [S-R] Potential lead on origin of my Kokinda ancestors

  • patskanovo
    Message 1 of 21 , May 5, 2013
      Lomné

      OLD NAMES of the village(town):
      1773, 1786, 1808, 1863â€"1913 Lomna, 1920 Lomné, Lomno, 1927â€" Lomné

      current county: Presov county - Eastern Slovakia \ former county: Zemplen / Zemplin county

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, David Colello <dcolello@...> wrote:

      > Also, maybe Lovna is really Lomna, which is now Lomne, Slovakia and is in the Zemplin region.
      >
      > Finding possibles in this list may help your search..
      >
      > http://iabsi.com/gen/public/census_1869_fhl_holdings_by_magy.htm
      >

      > David
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Corinne C. Musto
      Message 2 of 21 , May 5, 2013
        Hello,

        Do you have your gr-gr Aunt's marriage license from Lackawanna County?

        Corinne

        ________________________________
        I found a marriage document for my great-great-Aunt, where she lists a town of birth as Lovna, Zemplin. This is odd, because her name is listed as Anna, but her real name was Mary. Also, this took place in Old Forge, Pennsylvania, and according to my research, ALL Kokindas in Old Forge are related to me. I cannot seem to find this town, though. Any suggestions?

        Here is an image of the document:
        http://i.imgur.com/tp24N3C.jpg

      • kokonutoad
        Message 3 of 21 , May 5, 2013
          I do!
          http://crkokinda.xtreemhost.com/documents/marriages/Mary%20Kokindo-%201st%20Marriage-%201905.pdf

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > Do you have your gr-gr Aunt's marriage license from Lackawanna County?
          >
          > Corinne
          >

          > ________________________________

        • kokonutoad
          Message 4 of 21 , May 5, 2013
            I should say, that it's possible this is another Peter Gnall, and another Anna Kokindo, but the fact remains that all of the Kokindas from Lackawanna County are related to me. The interesting thing is, this is from a baptism document that aligns with the birth of the first child of Mary and Peter Gnall.

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > Do you have your gr-gr Aunt's marriage license from Lackawanna County?
            >
            > Corinne
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Corinne C. Musto
            Message 5 of 21 , May 5, 2013
              Sorry, that link just gave me an advertisement.
              I found Mary & Peter's marriage license on the Lackawanna County pubic records website. There are a handful of Kokina/Kokindo licenses on there. Have you seen them? Do you want the website?

              ________________________________
              > Do you have your gr-gr Aunt's marriage license from Lackawanna County?
              >
              > Corinne
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Czech
              Message 6 of 21 , May 5, 2013
                A lot of women shortened their names so she might have been Maryanna,
                Annamarie etc.

                --
                *Lorna R. Stein*

              • kokonutoad
                Message 7 of 21 , May 5, 2013
                  That site has proved quite useful in my research, and I think I've exhausted all of its resources at this point. Sorry the link didn't work. I have it posted on my Gen. website, www.kokindagen.org, and links sometimes don't work very well. There was an anecdote that may link this Anna Kokindo to the Mary Kokinda. My great-uncle once said his aunt "Anna" lived to be 101 years old. At this point I haven't pinned down Mary Gnall's death date, but there is a record of one dying in 1987. Mary was born around 1888, I think...so that sort of makes sense. It's possible her name was Mary Anna Kokindo. But why would she put a Slovak town as her place of birth?

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

                  > Sorry, that link just gave me an advertisement.
                  > I found Mary & Peter's marriage license on the Lackawanna County pubic records website. There are a handful of Kokina/Kokindo licenses on there. Have you seen them? Do you want the website?
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • lickridge
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 6, 2013
                    Would you mind sending me the website? I have ancestors in the general area also. I know the county borders changed over the years and would like to search their records before submitting a request.

                    Thanks!
                    Mary Ellen
                    maryellen.pierson@...

                    --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

                    > Sorry, that link just gave me an advertisement.
                    > I found Mary & Peter's marriage license on the Lackawanna County pubic records website. There are a handful of Kokina/Kokindo licenses on there. Have you seen them? Do you want the website?
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Corinne C. Musto
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 6, 2013
                      Here is the Lackawanna County public records website.

                      www.lpa-homes.org/LPA_Applications.htm

                      Enter site, click on marriages. Type in a last name.
                      To view the marriage license, click the box next to the name (there will now be an 'X' in the box).
                      Then click 'enter' on the left. The license should pop up.

                      ________________________________
                      Would you mind sending me the website?  I have ancestors in the general area also.  I know the county borders changed over the years and would like to search their records before submitting a request.

                      Thanks!
                      Mary Ellen
                      maryellen.pierson@...

                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

                      > Sorry, that link just gave me an advertisement.
                      > I found Mary & Peter's marriage license on the Lackawanna County pubic records website. There are a handful of Kokina/Kokindo licenses on there. Have you seen them? Do you want the website?
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • lickridge
                      Message 10 of 21 , May 7, 2013
                        Thank You!
                        -Mary Ellen

                        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

                        > Here is the Lackawanna County public records website.
                        >
                        > www.lpa-homes.org/LPA_Applications.htm
                        >
                        > Enter site, click on marriages. Type in a last name.
                        > To view the marriage license, click the box next to the name (there will now be an 'X' in the box).
                        > Then click 'enter' on the left. The license should pop up.
                        >

                        > ________________________________

                      • Pat Watkins
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013
                          I know this is a very late response, but try Rovne instead of Lovna. What
                          is her last name (maiden)?

                          I found a marriage document for my great-great-Aunt, where she lists a town
                          of birth as Lovna, Zemplin. This is odd, because her name is listed as Anna,
                          but her real name was Mary. Also, this took place in Old Forge,
                          Pennsylvania, and according to my research, ALL Kokindas in Old Forge are
                          related to me. I cannot seem to find this town, though. Any suggestions?

                          Here is an image of the document:
                          http://i.imgur.com/tp24N3C.jpg

                          _____

                          No virus found in this message.

                          No virus found in this message.

                        • William C. Wormuth
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013
                            http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Kokinda/slovensko/

                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013

                              Another very late response, but check Lomne in old Zemplin county.  The name Kokinda is still found there.

                              Curt B.

                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 25, 2013
                                  http://www.cisarik.com/0_Lomne_Stropkov_PV_Zemplen_Zemplin.html

                                  Open this andscroll down to below the map  You will find the name Kokinda.  This is a name of one time resident family.

                                  Hope this is IT.

                                  Vilo