Hlebik & Dzura - first post

  • MzDeb
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2013
      Hi I'm Debbie Hlebik Bruna

      I'm Roman Catholic so I'm assuming my family was too.
      My Father John Michael Hlebik Jr was the son of John Hlebik and Magdalen Dzura. Here is the info that I have:

      1. JOHN1 HLEBIK He married ELONA ILOS in Czechoslovakia

      Children of JOHN HLEBIK and ELONA ILOS are:

      JOHN HLEBIK; b. August 29, 1899, Hincovce, Czechoslovakia; d. January 08, 1978, Brownsville, Pennsylvania. married to MAGDALENA DZURA, b. June 24, 1901, Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania; d. March 04, 1985, Brownsville, Pennsylvania.

      1. ANDREW1 DZURA He married ELIZABETH NOVOTNI.

      Children of ANDREW DZURA and ELIZABETH NOVOTNI are:

      2. i. MARY ELIZABETH2 DZURA, b. December 18, 1899; d. August 17, 1996, Cleveland Ohio.
      ii. MAGDALENA DZURA, b. June 24, 1901, Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania; d. March 04, 1985, Brownsville, Pennsylvania; m. JOHN HLEBIK; b. August 29, 1899, Hincovce, Czechoslovakia; d. January 09, 1978, Brownsville, Pennsylvania.
    • MGMojher
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2013
        Debbie,
        Do you have a question for S-R?
        Here are the names Hincovce has been know by:
        Hincovce SN/KI spiš.
        1773 Hinczocz, Hintzowez, Hinczowcze, 1786 Hinczócz, Hinzowze, 1808 Hinczócz, Hinsdorf, Hinzdorf, Hyncowce, 1863 Hindszoc, 1873–1888 Hincóc, 1892 Hincóctersztyán, 1895–1913 Szepesnádasd, 1920– Hincovce

        It is a small village of 207. I find no Hlebik living there now. The 1995 Slovak Census had no listings for Hlebik, but did have a Hlebek. The telephone directories had Hlebik listings, but none in the district Hincovce is located.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2013
          Debbie,
          Email me at prabich@.... I might have some pertinent info for you as I have a relative with the name of Hlebik. I also know some Novotny - could be Novotoni
          Pat

          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2013
            The 1869 Hungarian Census shows a connection to Elisabetha HLEBIK in Hincovce. Born in Almas 1828. Almas is now called Jablonov and is 5 km north of Hincovce.

            https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28477-12859-7?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-HLB:n822164210

            The 1869 Hungarian Census for Almas/Jablonov is worth researching at:
            https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-28477-29016-96?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-HFN:n1121292500