Brenza Family in Ohio

  • dormabrenz81
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2013
      Does anyone here have family and/or knowledge of those immigrating from (then) Austria-Hungary (now Slovakia)to Ohio -- specifically Kelley's Island and/or Marblehead, Ohio. My great-grandfather's name was Michael Brenzo(a) (has been spelled both ways, with an o and an a) and I've been told that most of the immigrants came from the villages of Rovne and Sarisske Cierne, Slovakia -- but have yet to get confirmation on my own great-grandfather.

      From Census records and a couple war draft copies he was born on 15 March 1881 and immigrated around 1898'ish. He married a Mary Onyock (sp?) who was born in Marblehead, OH, I think in 1902ish. He was also one of the founders (per a newspaper article and church anniversary copy) of the Holy Assumption Orthodox church in Marblehead, OH. He worked for the Kelley's Island Limestone Company.

      Thanks!
      Richelle
    • Samuel Ontko
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2013
        Hi Richelle

        I can point you in the right direction. You can email me.

        Sam Ontko
        Sandusky, Ohio
        smontko@...

        Does anyone here have family and/or knowledge of those immigrating from (then) Austria-Hungary (now Slovakia)to Ohio -- specifically Kelley's Island and/or Marblehead, Ohio. My great-grandfather's name was Michael Brenzo(a) (has been spelled both ways, with an o and an a) and I've been told that most of the immigrants came from the villages of Rovne and Sarisske Cierne, Slovakia -- but have yet to get confirmation on my own great-grandfather.

        From Census records and a couple war draft copies he was born on 15 March 1881 and immigrated around 1898'ish. He married a Mary Onyock (sp?) who was born in Marblehead, OH, I think in 1902ish. He was also one of the founders (per a newspaper article and church anniversary copy) of the Holy Assumption Orthodox church in Marblehead, OH. He worked for the Kelley's Island Limestone Company.

        Thanks!
        Richelle