Re: [S-R] Need Help Finding Grezda, Hungary

  • Nick Kerpchar
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2013
      Thank you Catherine.
      Nick

      From: ctverdov <Tverdov@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, May 4, 2013 7:33 AM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Need Help Finding Grezda, Hungary

      Hi,

      I think you are looking for Gnezda which is located in present day Slovakia. It's slightly northwest of Kosice. On today's map it is listed as Hniezdne and is near Stara Lubovna. I traced my family from Kosice to Stara Lubovna and Hniezdne/Gnezda. When it was known as Gnezda it was still part of Upper Hungary which was then a part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. After World War I it became part of Czechoslovakia and then later Slovakia.

      Hope this helps you.

      Catherine

      ctverdov
      mailto:tverdov%40aol.com

      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2013
        Thank you John.
        Nick

        The RC church records are found online at:
        https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22651-29445-63?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-XLL:505385315

        Good luck.