RE: [S-R] Re: Ellis Island Records

  • Julie Mark
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 28, 2013
      Thank you Tom!

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of t.salony
      Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 3:12 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Re: Ellis Island Records

      Julie, with your SZTENGA info, the surname definitely is written as
      STEGENA(without the Z which is used in one of the languages, maybe Slovak).
      --------------------------------

      John,
      I find the manifests:
      Series Roll Volume Year Month Day Frame Text Ship Port FHL roll
      1 T715 476 936 1904 July 13 439 text barbarossa Bremen/Cherbourg 1399161

      Entries 1 to 1 out of 1
      -----------------

      Now I'm trying to understand finding the actual page, which I already know
      from viewing on Ancestry. IF I didn't have that info, is there no other
      method short of viewing each manifest page??
      And THX, I hadn't attempted using the lost manifest search in many years.

      TOM

      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> , "Julie Mark" <jkmark@> wrote:

      > > Thank you Tom. Was wondering if anyone had seen that given name before -
      > > looks like Majk. I haven't seen that before. Misko's wife's maiden name
      is
      > > Sztegena - and if you look again it almost looks like it's spelled
      Szegena
      > > on the manifest. I don't think it would be an uncle - unless of course
      my
      > > great great grandparents are cousins (which I guess is a possibility).
      > >

      > > I appreciate everyone's help!
      > >

      > > Julie

    • Ja Stoll
      Message 2 of 26 , May 5, 2013
        I have also had this happen where I knew i saw a record on EI and went back another day and could not locate it.  I think it is their system.  Just keep trying and search different ways.  Sometimes in one sitting i try and get a no results then try again and locate the record