Re: Researcher in Budapest

  • t.salony
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2013
      Just a suggestion, but if I needed some advice on the subject, I would contact Juraj Cisarik, since he authored a book on it: http://www.cisarik.com/0_my-genealogy-book.html

      TOM

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jtgen96" <jtgen96@...> wrote:

      > I need to have a genealogy researcher look for some records in Budapest. This regards someone who was a priest in the Greek Catholic Church in Slovakia in the early 1900s. In the mid 1880's he was a student in the Central Seminary in Budapest. Can someone know of a researchers they can recommend who can communicate in English, is reasonable in price, and does careful work?

    • MGMojher
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2013
        Here is the link to the Greek Catholic priests Juraj Cisarik has compiled. http://www.cisarik.com/INDEX-ALL-REVERENDS.htm See if the priest you are searching is among them. The index is not going to give you the information you are in searching for.
        If you look on Juraj Cisarik’s website you will not find what he charges for his services. Having contacted him once about doing some possible work he would then begin to list his costs; time, travel per km and expenses. These costs may be bearable if he is doing something close to Kosice. But I think they will not stand up to your “reasonable in price” if he has to drive to Budapest and stay over for a few days.
        Juraj has a sticker saying he is a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists (APG). A search of the website does not list him. And the other, Slovak Genealogical-Heraldic Society (SGHS), is for anyone interested in those subjects in Slovakia. Juraj says he is a “researcher” not a genealogist.
        Peter Nagy, http://www.centroconsult.sk/, lives closer to Budapest and is a genealogist. He may be able to put you in contact with a genealogist in Budapest.
        Previously, I sent you the contact of Greek Catholic church in Budapest. It appears that had not worked out for you.