Re: [S-R] Re: Translation on Baptism Record in Hungarian

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 20, 2013
      The entries are difficult to read but I see:
      The mother could be Ilona Bajusz (G.C.)
      The male sponsor could be Janos Sandor (G.C.) although the name Joannes
      Ste. is above the line.
      The female sponsor could be a double barrelled name Sztara-Hannsov Anna
      (R.C.)

      Peter M.

    • genmom4
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 22, 2013
        Brenda,
        If you look in the date sidebar, you will see that May ends with entry 34 and June begins with entry 35 with June 8 birth/baptism.

        The priest has written in June 1st above the 35 entry to keep the dates in subsequent order.

        Maria is born to Janos Demcusak and Erzebeta Gyermek, Szulok translates Parents in Hungarian. The godparents are Andres Garblyuj (?) and Anna Klinlehora (?). I'd have to look through the registry to see if there are surnames that would help to determine these godparent exact spellings.

        Barbara

        > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12869-265143-42?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-WRG:1917133546
        >
        > Line 35.
        >
        > It appears the headers are in Latin but the entries are in Hungarian. Looks like there were twins Maria & Joannes. There is a lot of writing in the legit/illegitimate column as though these twins were birthed by someone other than the father's wife? Also, there is a lot of writing in the last column. Any ideas on what this all means?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Brenda

      • JOHN
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 22, 2013
          Using Cisarik as my reference, one surname would be Demcisak. Others not mentioned.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "genmom4" <geismom@...> wrote:

          > Brenda,
          > If you look in the date sidebar, you will see that May ends with entry 34 and June begins with entry 35 with June 8 birth/baptism.
          >
          > The priest has written in June 1st above the 35 entry to keep the dates in subsequent order.
          >
          > Maria is born to Janos Demcusak and Erzebeta Gyermek, Szulok translates Parents in Hungarian. The godparents are Andres Garblyuj (?) and Anna Klinlehora (?). I'd have to look through the registry to see if there are surnames that would help to determine these godparent exact spellings.
          >
          > Barbara
          > >
          > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12869-265143-42?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-WRG:1917133546
          > >
          > > Line 35.
          > >
          > > It appears the headers are in Latin but the entries are in Hungarian. Looks like there were twins Maria & Joannes. There is a lot of writing in the legit/illegitimate column as though these twins were birthed by someone other than the father's wife? Also, there is a lot of writing in the last column. Any ideas on what this all means?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Brenda

        • bassfantastic
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 22, 2013
            Thanks Barbara... It seems the consensus is what you are saying. Maria
            is a separate entry and not a twin of Joannes. Joannes is the actual
            line I'm tracing so I can just disregard the Maria entries.

            Brenda

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "genmom4" <geismom@...> wrote:

            > Brenda,
            > If you look in the date sidebar, you will see that May ends with entry 34 and June begins with entry 35 with June 8 birth/baptism.
            >
            > The priest has written in June 1st above the 35 entry to keep the dates in subsequent order.
            >
            > Maria is born to Janos Demcusak and Erzebeta Gyermek, Szulok translates Parents in Hungarian. The godparents are Andres Garblyuj (?) and Anna Klinlehora (?). I'd have to look through the registry to see if there are surnames that would help to determine these godparent exact spellings.
            >
            > Barbara
            > >
            > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12869-265143-42?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-WRG:1917133546
            > >
            > > Line 35.
            > >
            > > It appears the headers are in Latin but the entries are in Hungarian. Looks like there were twins Maria & Joannes. There is a lot of writing in the legit/illegitimate column as though these twins were birthed by someone other than the father's wife? Also, there is a lot of writing in the last column. Any ideas on what this all means?
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Brenda

          • William C. Wormuth
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 22, 2013