RE: [S-R] Re: New Member - Gdovin, Larko, Roskovianuch, Klein

  • Edward Martin
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 19, 2013
      John: Tried you site for 1869 Hungary Census with no luck.
      States that no record was found.
      What did you use??

      Ed Martin

      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      From: johnqadam@...
      Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 18:28:01 +0000
      Subject: [S-R] Re: New Member - Gdovin, Larko, Roskovianuch, Klein

      >>> Yes, the Slovinky church records available from FamilySearch are wonderful. I can't wait until they are all indexed. I know about the 1869 Hungarian Census but have not yet ordered the microfilms from FamilySearch. <<<

      These church records are a bit of a jumble and you MUST look at each page.

      The 1869 Hungarian Census is online. No need to order the films any more.
      https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Ffamilysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2FMMRC-H6V%3An722995078%3Fcc%3D1986782

    • John
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 19, 2013
        >>> Tried you site for 1869 Hungary Census with no luck. States that no record was found. What did you use?? <<<

        What village are you trying to look up? Try here:
        https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A//api.familysearch.org/records/collection/1986782/waypoints
      • Edward Martin
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 19, 2013
          John: The village is in Zemplen Meyde, and was originally
          called Ormezo (Hungarian), and is now Strazske.
          It was not on your latest list that you sent to me.
          I have viewed it before at the LDS.

          Ed Martin

          To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
          From: johnqadam@...
          Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 01:47:41 +0000
          Subject: [S-R] 1869 Hungarian Census

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 20, 2013
            Zemplen Megye villages shown online are ALL posted in error and the LDS techies know that. No Zemplen village are actually shown under Zemplen Megye due to this screw up.

            This will be fixed . . . someday. Film only, for now.