Re: For Marjorie / About Gonos Connection

  • AnnieW
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 16, 2013
      Hi Marjorie, did you happen to take a DNA test on ancestry? If so I'm pretty sure my husbands DNA was a match, I was just checking into the group because I hadn't been on in so long and saw the Petruska surname and it made me remember I just had a match. If so have you ever heard of your line coming from Ruska Nova Ves? All his Slovak lines go back to that area. And his Rusyn line is from Rychwald in near Gorlice in SW Poland.
      Annie

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Marjorie" <msysakcano@...> wrote:

      > Hi Corinne,
      > Yes absolutely...you can email me at mcano47@... forward to sharing info.
      > Marjorie
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Marjorie,
      > >
      > > Just wondering if we might be able to swap info about our 'Gonos' families.
      > >
      > > Corinne

    • Marjorie
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 17, 2013
        Hi Annie,
        Yes I do have my DNA test on ancestry. What is your husbands name? Ruska Nova Ves sounds familiar. So far we think at least some of our Petruskas came from what is currently called Vyskovce in Slovakia. Paraska (Pearl) Petruska was born their in 1883. Her parents were Josef Petruska and Helena Curpek. Let's continue the conversation. My email address is mcano47@.... Marjorie