Re: [S-R] Re: Mogyoroska, Skrabské records i n 1869 census

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2013
      https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Ffamilysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2FM99C-Q1M%3A1917506530%3Fcc%3D1554443

      ________________________________
      From: John <johnqadam@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 4:06 PM
      Subject: [S-R] Re: Mogyoroska, Skrabské records in 1869 census

      The Zemplen Megye 1869 online listing is all screwed up and will be fixed . . someday.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "mgs814" <mgs814@...> wrote:

      > Are the 1869 census records for Mogyoroska available on line? I cannot find a listing for Mogyoroska or Skrabské. Would they perhaps be listed under another town?
      > Thank you for any direction,
      > Mari

    • MGMojher
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15, 2013
        Here are the names that Skrabske has been known by. In 1863 the name was Mogyoroska.
        OLD NAMES of the village(town):
        1786 Mogyoróschka, 1808 Mogyoroska, Skrapské, 1863–1902 Mogyoróska, 1907–1913 Tapolymogyorós, 1920 Strabské, Skrabské, 1927– Skrabské

        POPULATION of Skrabske in 2005: 733 inhabitants

        SKRABSKÉ, okres/district VRANOV NAD TOPĽOU, kraj/region Presov, is the locations where Skrabske is located. In 1869 it was in the Hungarian county of Zemplin/Zemplen.

        From the FHL records it appears that Skrabske is within the records of Vranov nad Top’lou for the Roman Catholic records and Giraltovce for the Evangelical records.

        Topic Hungary, Zemplén, Mogyoróska - Church records These record are the same as those below.

        Topic Slovakia, Vranov nad Topľou, Skrabské - Church records

        Title search results

        Cirkevná matrika, 1810-1896 Evanjelická cirkev. Farský úrad Hanušovce nad Toplʹou (Giraltovce)
        Cirkevná matrika, 1816-1942 Rímsko-katolícka cirkev. Farský úrad Skrabské (Vranov nad Topľou)

        1869 Census for the nearby town of Bystre. There was no listing for the other near by town of Vysny Zipov.

        Bisztra (Bystré) https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-28476-21224-49?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-HJX:4506859

        Mogyoróska Skrabské Zemplin 722746, The 1896 Census records for Skrabsky is film 722746 which can be ordered at your nearest FHC.