Re: 1869 census vs. church records

  • John
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 11, 2013
      >>> Checked back at Church record and I see a Anna Gondely born june 12, 1854 and another born july 13, 1855 both to Michael Gondely and Maria Varga. So it seems the 1854 Anna died. Both show being born in house # 17. I will need to check.
      > All the Lyorkos and Gondelys i am following are from Mestiskco according to the RC records. <<<

      Interesting that House #17 is a Lorko residence with no mention of GONDELY or VARGA. Note also somebody's elderly grandmother at the bottom of the page. Clearly, the families are close.

      BTW, Cisarik indicates that GONDELEY appears in the 1715 village census.

      The questions linger on . . .
    • nielsenj21
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 12, 2013
        Have done some more checking and I am more confused now.

        I found what I think is michael lyorko and maria benka marriage record.
        Church book - radoma , Film # 1, image 99. It has marrige date of Feb. 1 1836 which fits with first child birth - Michael 1837. By the way he did die 2 months later hence the 1838 birth of second michael ( Our great grandfather). He must be the one in the census record, off by a year.
        What is puzzeling is the marriage record shows the ages of Michael as 20 and maria as 19, which is far off from what the census says. He would be born 1816 and she in 1817. I would doubt if their were two couples same name in this small village of mestiscko. The house numbers is also puzzeling.
        I will keep searching for more clues. Help.....
        Jan