RE: [S-R] Military Records?

  • Frank R Plichta
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2013
      Bob,

      The following is a list of many of the world's conflicts during the 1800's.
      Check out the link:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_1800%E2%80%931899#1880.E2.80.93188
      9

      Don't forget to consider that he might have been wounded earlier and didn't
      die until 1880.

      Enjoy,

      Frank

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2013
        Bob,
        The Austro-Hungarian Army did not participate in any wars between the Seven Weeks War in 1866 and WWI. There were revolts in the Balkans where the Army was involved. One possibility is that Joseph was ill. Many soldiers died of disease.

        Military records are available to genealogists. Here is a link to a site that describes how to research these records.
        http://ahmilitary.blogspot.com

        Unfortunately, Hungary kept the personnel records for their own soldiers after 1867 and these have been lost.

        CK