Re: [S-R] Novack /Hungary

  • MGMojher
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2013
      Leah,
      If they came in the 1960’s you are going to have difficult time finding records. Most countries have a “100 year rule” for privacy reasons. By that rule 1913 records are just being released to the public. If you can prove you are a family member archives will allow a search. Since you know so little about them you would have a hard time convincing someone you were a family member. A birth, marriage or death certificate would help establish you as family and more than likely provide information needed to begin an online search.
      The mantra for genealogy is the same as for real estate; Location, location, location! Knowing that you can then look for records. The location can be anywhere and everywhere they may have lived.