Zemplen 1869 Hungarian Census Errata

  • John
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2013
      LDS techs say:

      Thank you for contacting FamilySearch regarding the location of villages listed as being in Zemplin Megye, Slovakia in the Slovakia Census, 1869 collection. We apologize for not replying sooner to your email.

      We concur that a number of the villages listed are actually in the Saros, Megye district although some are in Zemplen and others in Nyitra. We have advised our technical staff of these errors. However, due to the large backlog of work, it may take some time to correct.
    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2013
        Given the current state of 1869 Hungarian Census index confusion, if you can't find your village where it should be, look under Zemplen Megye. Odd lots seem to have been dumped there -- or maybe the programmer was having a bad day. Corrections will follow.

        For example, Ladomer, Saros Megye, is found under Zemplen Megye.
        https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28455-19908-89?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-H2X:1035519723