Re: [S-R] Thank you for letting me join

  • MGMojher
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 2013
      The following gives information about your ancestral village of Vazec. The LM/ZI tells you it is in orkes/district of Liptovsky Mikulas that is in the kraj/region of Zilinsky. The liptov tells you it was once in the Hungarian county of Liptov. In 1947 Vazec was incorporated into okres/district of Vysoke Tatry. Vazec sits below the High Tatra Mountains 17 km/10.2 miles west of the city of Poprad.
      Važec LM/ZI liptov. 1947 vyčl. o. Vysoké Tatry.
      1773 Vasecz, Wažecz, 1786 Waschec, Wažec, 1808 Vazsecz, Wažec, 1863, 1898–1913 Vázsec, 1873–1895 Vazsec, 1920 Vážec, 1927– Važec

      In the 1995 Slovak Census in Vazec were 22 Profant. There were 54 Bartko. There were no Yurko listings, but there were 7 Jurco. The listings are only for males. Female surnames end in “ova”.

      Here is a link to Vazec that will give you more information on the surnames; top 100 in Vazec and listings in the telephone directory. Plus a map. http://www.cisarik.com/0_Vazec_Liptovsky_Mikulas_ZI_Lipto_Liptov.html

      The Roman Catholic records for Vazec, 1784 to 1898 are on two rolls of film. You will have go to your nearest Mormon Family History Center to order them for viewing.
      Title Cirkevná matrika, 1784-1898
      Authors Rímsko-katolícka cirkev. Farský úrad Važec (Sv. Mikuláš) (Main Author)

      Note Location
      Film
      Krsty 1784-1884 -- Manželstvá 1784-1884 -- Úmrtia 1784-1884 FHL INTL Film
      2062276 Item 9
      Krsty 1884-1897 -- Manželstvá 1885-1898 -- Úmrtia 1885-1896 FHL INTL Film
      2062276 Item 10

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 27, 2013
        You might be interested to know that:
        Rastislav Profant Mayor; essayist Michal Bartko;
        http://www.obecvazec.sk/

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Faerie" <stinkweedfaerie35@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for letting me join your group. I am very interested in my Slovak roots. My Grandmother was first generation American. Both of her parents were from Vazec, Slovakia. I am researching Bartko / Profant/ Yurko's of the area.

      • Faerie
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2013
          As far as we know Lutheran , and Catholic

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
            >>> As far as we know Lutheran , and Catholic <<<

            LDS has FILMS of the church records available. I don't believe that they are available online. You can order the films online and do your research at your nearest LDS Family History Center when they arrive from Utah.

            Protestant parish registers of baptisms, marriages, and deaths for Važec (Sv. Mikuláš), Slovakia; formerly Vázsecz, Liptó, Hungary.

            Krsty 1783-1831 -- Manželstvá 1786-1869 -- Úmrtia 1783-1815 - FHL INTL Film [ 2062276 Item 11 ]

            Úmrtia 1815-1869 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 2062277 Item 1
            ]
            Krsty 1832-1923 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 2062277 Items 2 - 3 ]

            Manželstvá 1870-1929 -- Úmrtia 1870-1900 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 2062277 Item 4 ]

            Úmrtia 1900-1929 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 2062278 Item 1 ]

            Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages, and deaths for Važec (Sv. Mikuláš), Slovakia; formerly Vázsecz, Liptó, Hungary.