New Member - Lesso and Krahulec surname research

  • cousinjudy14
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22 9:19 PM
      Hi All, I am new to this group and am researching the origins of my grandparents Stephen J. Lesso (1876 - 1963) who came from Sarisske Michalany by way of Bremen and New York aboard the Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse on December 1, 1901 and my grandmother Anna Krahulec (1886 - 1964) who came from Blazov. I have many questions but for now would like to ask mostly about Stephen Lesso. I have had some indirect contact with the mayor of Sarisske Michalany, Vincent Lesso, who gave some indication that the Lesso family may have migrated from Italy to Slovakia around 1835. This would be very interesting for me to prove. I am also interested to know the connection between my grandfather Stephen Lesso and Emery Lesso (1889-1967) who was also born in Slovakia and was supposed to be a cousin but I don't really know how they were related.

      Is anyone else researching the Lesso or Krehulec surname?

      Judy Lesso
      Pittsburgh, PA.