Lviv Archives

  • Marjorie
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013
      Hello everyone...haven't posted in awhile. Was just wondering if anyone knows if either of the archives in Lviv have any info on villages in Slovakia? I am researching Mala Polana, for GONOS/SAK; And Vyskovce,
      for PETRUSKA/CURPEK. These are from my Mom's side of the family. Thanks.
      Marjorie Sysak Cano
    • Corinne C. Musto
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013
        Hello Marjorie,

        I don't have any information about the Lviv Archives, but I do have GONOS in my immediate family.
        They were from the village of Zawatka Rymanowska in present day Poland. They were all Greek Catholic religion and  Rusyn/Lemko ethnicity.

        Corinne

        ________________________________
        Hello everyone...haven't posted in awhile. Was just wondering if anyone knows if either of the archives in Lviv have any info on villages in Slovakia? I am researching Mala Polana, for GONOS/SAK; And Vyskovce,
        for PETRUSKA/CURPEK. These are from my Mom's side of the family. Thanks.
        Marjorie Sysak Cano

      • t.salony
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013
          Marjorie,
          I sure hope someone more familiar with "either of the archives in Lviv" & "villages in Slovakia" will respond, because I'm wondering why you would think that to be a possibility. It's not something I had ever heard of. Sorry I'm no help.

          TOM

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Marjorie" <msysakcano@...> wrote:

          > Hello everyone...haven't posted in awhile. Was just wondering if anyone knows if either of the archives in Lviv have any info on villages in Slovakia? I am researching Mala Polana, for GONOS/SAK; And Vyskovce,
          > for PETRUSKA/CURPEK. These are from my Mom's side of the family. Thanks.
          > Marjorie Sysak Cano

        • Marjorie
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 23, 2013
            Corinne and Tom,
            I was just checking about the possibility of records in Lviv...It was a long shot. I had visited Lviv last Sept. with my sister and both archives were not helpful...and I was asking for records from Wislok Wielki in present day Poland...the boundaries changed so much...anyway Corinne, we need to correspond again about our possible Gonos connection.
            Thanks for your input.
            Marjorie
          • Corinne C. Musto
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 12, 2013
              Hi Marjorie,

              Just wondering if we might be able to swap info about our 'Gonos' families.

              Corinne

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 13, 2013
                Hi Corinne,
                Yes absolutely...you can email me at mcano47@gmail...looking forward to sharing info.
                Marjorie

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@...> wrote:

                > Hi Marjorie,
                >
                > Just wondering if we might be able to swap info about our 'Gonos' families.
                >
                > Corinne
                >

                > ________________________________

              • AnnieW
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 16, 2013
                  Hi Marjorie, did you happen to take a DNA test on ancestry? If so I'm pretty sure my husbands DNA was a match, I was just checking into the group because I hadn't been on in so long and saw the Petruska surname and it made me remember I just had a match. If so have you ever heard of your line coming from Ruska Nova Ves? All his Slovak lines go back to that area. And his Rusyn line is from Rychwald in near Gorlice in SW Poland.
                  Annie

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Marjorie" <msysakcano@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Corinne,
                  > Yes absolutely...you can email me at mcano47@... forward to sharing info.
                  > Marjorie
                  >
                  > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Corinne C. Musto" <gershwin417@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Marjorie,
                  > >
                  > > Just wondering if we might be able to swap info about our 'Gonos' families.
                  > >
                  > > Corinne

                • Marjorie
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 17, 2013
                    Hi Annie,
                    Yes I do have my DNA test on ancestry. What is your husbands name? Ruska Nova Ves sounds familiar. So far we think at least some of our Petruskas came from what is currently called Vyskovce in Slovakia. Paraska (Pearl) Petruska was born their in 1883. Her parents were Josef Petruska and Helena Curpek. Let's continue the conversation. My email address is mcano47@.... Marjorie