Alexander and Irene Kozub

  • triciadprice
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 19, 2013
      See www.dorothykozub.blogspot.com for info. on Alexander and Irene Kozub of Perth Amboy, including their children and possible relation to Peter and Minnie Kozub. I just joined this group and see that someone is researching this same family. I would love to combine efforts! Could you post the death certificate for Alexander Kozub? Getting a copy of that is next on my list of things to do. I see from the "where are Kozubs" file that you may have a copy of that death certificate. I have a picture of Alexander and Irene's grave on the website listed above. As well as additional naturalization documents. I am a descendant of son Gustie. . . who later went by August.
    • John
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 19, 2013
        It is not clear who you are addressing with this message.

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 19, 2013
          Jtgen96 is who I was addressing but just sent a personal message as well. I also wanted others researching the Kozub name to connect. Thanks!

          > It is not clear who you are addressing with this message.
          >
          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "triciadprice" <triciadprice@> wrote:
          > >
          > > See www.dorothykozub.blogspot.com for info. on Alexander and Irene Kozub of Perth Amboy, including their children and possible relation to Peter and Minnie Kozub. I just joined this group and see that someone is researching this same family. I would love to combine efforts! Could you post the death certificate for Alexander Kozub? Getting a copy of that is next on my list of things to do. I see from the "where are Kozubs" file that you may have a copy of that death certificate. I have a picture of Alexander and Irene's grave on the website listed above. As well as additional naturalization documents. I am a descendant of son Gustie. . . who later went by August.

        • Allison W
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 19, 2013
            I have connected with jtgen and am also a relation through Irene Kozub!!! Your blog looks like it may fill in some of the holes for jtgen. So exciting.

            weickof4@...

            On Mar 19, 2013, at 7:13 AM, "triciadprice" <triciadprice@...> wrote:

            > Jtgen96 is who I was addressing but just sent a personal message as well. I also wanted others researching the Kozub name to connect. Thanks!
            >
            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johnqadam@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > It is not clear who you are addressing with this message.
            > >
            > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "triciadprice" <triciadprice@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > See www.dorothykozub.blogspot.com for info. on Alexander and Irene Kozub of Perth Amboy, including their children and possible relation to Peter and Minnie Kozub. I just joined this group and see that someone is researching this same family. I would love to combine efforts! Could you post the death certificate for Alexander Kozub? Getting a copy of that is next on my list of things to do. I see from the "where are Kozubs" file that you may have a copy of that death certificate. I have a picture of Alexander and Irene's grave on the website listed above. As well as additional naturalization documents. I am a descendant of son Gustie. . . who later went by August.

          • Maxine
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 19, 2013
              There are 2 cemeteries for St Johns of Perth Amboy. They are across the
              street from each other in HOPELAWN, which borders Perth Amboy, NJ. I am also
              from Perth Amboy, my grandfather was John Sasala and owned a Tavern. Hope
              this helps.

              Maxine

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 19, 2013
                Thanks Allison for responding! Which child of Irene Kozub is your relative?

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 19, 2013
                  Thanks Maxine! Good to know. I plan to go out there soon.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 19, 2013
                    There are lots of Irene's in family but I believe she is the sister of my great grandfather Konstant Kelly or Kello.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 20, 2013
                      Allison, do you know the names of the parents of Konstant and Irene Kelly or Kello?

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 20, 2013
                        >> Konstant's parents, Petrus and Helen.
                        >>
                        >> Do you have any other pictures? a picture of Konstant's sister Irene and her husband Alex Kozub and their family? No one seems to have any around -- they have all been thrown out. Jtgen was looking for this pic.
                        >>
                        >> Did you have any letters that had been saved? Jtgen's husband, Joe's mother had a letter that Joe's grandfather had received in 1922 from his niece in Slovakia -- the daughter of Joannes his brother. We have no idea why that one survived, but it really did help.

                        Sent from Allison Weick
                        weickof4@...

                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 20, 2013
                          Disregard my last question just saw your pictures of Alexander Kozub on your blog.

                          On Mar 20, 2013, at 4:42 PM, Allison W <weickof4@...> wrote:

                          > >> Konstant's parents, Petrus and Helen.
                          > >>
                          > >> Do you have any other pictures? a picture of Konstant's sister Irene and her husband Alex Kozub and their family? No one seems to have any around -- they have all been thrown out. Jtgen was looking for this pic.
                          > >>
                          > >> Did you have any letters that had been saved? Jtgen's husband, Joe's mother had a letter that Joe's grandfather had received in 1922 from his niece in Slovakia -- the daughter of Joannes his brother. We have no idea why that one survived, but it really did
                          > weickof4@...
                          >
                          > On Mar 20, 2013, at 1:29 PM, "triciadprice" <triciadprice@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Allison, do you know the names of the parents of Konstant and Irene Kelly or Kello?
                          > >
                          > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Allison W <weickof4@...> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > There are lots of Irene's in family but I believe she is the sister of my great grandfather Konstant Kelly or Kello.

                        • patskanovo
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 24, 2013
                            Nice website !

                            Dennis