Re: Need help reading baptismal registration

  • John
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 18, 2013
      >>> want to know her last name and her parents names.<<<

      Further support for the father's surname comes from the 1715 census surnames as found on Cisarik: Kusnjer.
    • CurtB
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 18, 2013
        JohnQ and Natasha,

        Note that the binding of the page is torn here. It is important to read over the entire page to see how the entries are formed. This is intended to be read as one column so:

        Father is Ivan (or Joannes) Kusnjir. [an old spelling, in modern Slovak Kušnir] & the mother is Maria Kudrja [in modern Slovak Kudra]. They are living in house number 9 in Pcoline.

        > My take, with the help of Cisarik:
        > Father Kudrja Kusnyar
        > Mother Maria IVAN

      • John
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 19, 2013
          That makes more sense than my interpretation. I was uncertain whether the names were in vertical or horizontal format.

          > JohnQ and Natasha,
          >
          > Note that the binding of the page is torn here. It is important to read over the entire page to see how the entries are formed. This is intended to be read as one column so:
          >
          > Father is Ivan (or Joannes) Kusnjir. [an old spelling, in modern Slovak Kušnir] & the mother is Maria Kudrja [in modern Slovak Kudra]. They are living in house number 9 in Pcoline.

          > > My take, with the help of Cisarik:
          > > Father Kudrja Kusnyar
          > > Mother Maria IVAN

        • Nat T
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 19, 2013
            Thank you for translating. Once again I really appreciate this.

            Best regards,

            Natasha

            #18 (not 19), Birth 4 AUG 1860, Baptism 11 AUG 1860, Anastasia, female, legitimate, Parents: Rusonjis, Joan(nes)/John and Kudrja, Maria, Godparents: Lata, Fedor and Geasis, Anna.

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 19, 2013
              Thank you everyone for your help!!!
              This gives me a great idea of figuring if this is my gggrandmothers baptismal certificate.

              Best regards,

              Natasha