Re: [S-R] Re: Looking for Village

  • Marti
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 18 4:39 PM
      From: MGMojher
      Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 5:31 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Re: Looking for Village

      There was no listing for Schavik, but I believe the following may be that
      village:
      Spišský Štiavnik PP/PV spiš.
      1773 Scsavnik, Scavnik, Schafing, Scawnik, 1808 Savnik, Schawnik, Ssčawník,
      Ssťawník, 1863–1873, 1888, 1907–1913 Savnik, 1877–1882 Scsavnik, 1892
      Sávnik, 1895–1902 Schavnik, 1920 Štiavnik, 1927–1948 Šťavník, 1948– Spišský
      Štiavnik

      http://www.cisarik.com/0_Spissky_Stiavnik_Poprad_PV_Szepes_Spis.html This
      site will give you a map where it is located, which is in the Spisska area,
      and the surnames there.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 19 7:18 AM
        What is the given name of Grandpa Turek and the area in the states that he
        lived in?
        I am looking for Andrew/Andy Turek /Turak 1872-74 to 1952 who was married
        to my great aunt, Elizabeth Triscik/ Trescik and they lived in Pennsylvania
        and Iowa. I have a lot of the info for them in the US, and have been looking
        in Slovakia.
        Bette
        John went to Youngstown,Ohio, where he worked in the steel mills. It is
        where he married Katherine Hripko & raised 10 children,
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "indulgencemama" <martyt@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to find out where my husband's paternal Grandparents lived. My
        > Mother-Inlaw wrote down that his Grandpa Turek was from Schavik,Spiska
        > Zupa,Czechoslavkia,and he left the country in 1906. I guess I'm just
        > wondering where this is at today or if it still exists.

      • t.salony
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 19 2:15 PM
          Okay, with fear of looking like an internet noob(to which I confess...), what am I missing here?
          This is the 2nd "post" by someone calling herself "indulgencemama", but as far as I can see has nothing but a repetition of the posts to which she "replies".

> [...]
        • htcstech
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 19 4:49 PM
            Internet etiquette allows one to add to the post at the end of a reply
            instead of the top of a reply. Look again.

            Peter M.

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 20 1:18 PM
              Peter M.,
              YIKES. Thanks but I'll pass. I looked at the 2 posts numerous times before posting my question, but couldn't find a new portion. The nuns taught me that there's only one proper way to do anything. I've overcome most others things they battered into my head, but this simplistic way of thinking won't be changed...way too late.

              TOM
              :)