Re: Need help reading baptismal registration

  • Nat T
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 18, 2013
      Hello,

      I was wondering if someone can interpret this baptismal registration. It is entry #19 regarding Anastasia. I specifically want to know her last name and her parents names.

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11580-63497-99?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-WFJ:2082521950

      Thank you,

      Natasha

    • MGMojher

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 18, 2013
          >>> want to know her last name and her parents names.<<<

          My take, with the help of Cisarik:
          Father Kudrja Kusnyar
          Mother Maria IVAN
        • John
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 18, 2013
            >>> want to know her last name and her parents names.<<<

            Further support for the father's surname comes from the 1715 census surnames as found on Cisarik: Kusnjer.
          • CurtB
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 18, 2013
              JohnQ and Natasha,

              Note that the binding of the page is torn here. It is important to read over the entire page to see how the entries are formed. This is intended to be read as one column so:

              Father is Ivan (or Joannes) Kusnjir. [an old spelling, in modern Slovak Kušnir] & the mother is Maria Kudrja [in modern Slovak Kudra]. They are living in house number 9 in Pcoline.

              > My take, with the help of Cisarik:
              > Father Kudrja Kusnyar
              > Mother Maria IVAN

            • John
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 19, 2013
                That makes more sense than my interpretation. I was uncertain whether the names were in vertical or horizontal format.

                > JohnQ and Natasha,
                >
                > Note that the binding of the page is torn here. It is important to read over the entire page to see how the entries are formed. This is intended to be read as one column so:
                >
                > Father is Ivan (or Joannes) Kusnjir. [an old spelling, in modern Slovak Kušnir] & the mother is Maria Kudrja [in modern Slovak Kudra]. They are living in house number 9 in Pcoline.

                > > My take, with the help of Cisarik:
                > > Father Kudrja Kusnyar
                > > Mother Maria IVAN

              • Nat T
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 19, 2013
                  Thank you for translating. Once again I really appreciate this.

                  Best regards,

                  Natasha

                  As I read it, I am not comfortable that the surnames are exact, except for Lata.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 19, 2013
                    Thank you everyone for your help!!!
                    This gives me a great idea of figuring if this is my gggrandmothers baptismal certificate.

                    Best regards,

                    Natasha