[S-R] Re: 1910 census

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 18, 2013
      Frank,
      Each census from 1900 through 1940 had elaborate instructions as to how to deal with country of origin and language spoken in the home. In fact, however, most census surveyors apparently failed to read or follow the instructions. So such concerns are primarily dealt with by each census taker differently even in the same year. So in each census of the same year, it differs wildly from one census tract to another.

      In 1910 there is no recognizable language called Austrian
      Slavonic. But in this case Rick knows it must mean Slovak.

      Curt B.