Re: Family Search

  • John
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 13 2:44 PM
      >>> So I would have to order them from LDS? <<<

      That is CORRECT.

      > > The RC church records for Stratena are shown as:
      > >
      > > Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for Stefanovce (including Imrichovce -- in Hungarian, Istvanfalu, Szepes, Hungary), formerly Imrikfalu, Szepes, Hungary. In 1933, Štefanovce and Imrichovce were merged to form Dedinky.
      > >
      > > I believe that these films of church records are NOT available online due to some records being too recent. FILM only.
      > >
      > > The GC records are listed under Vernar.
      > >
      > > Source for this info is:
      > > http://www.radixhub.com/radixhub/gazetteers/1877/szepes.htm

    • kitkat99645
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 13 3:33 PM
        Ok there were some records that were on LDS that I took copies of. They were the census if 1869. How do I know what number of film to order? K

        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 13 5:44 PM
          >>> How do I know what number of film to order? <<<

          Look the film number(s) up at https://familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp
        • kitkat99645
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 13 10:23 PM
            Didn't find any records for Dediny, Sztraczena but I found these:
            Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Rožòava, Štefanovce
            Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Vranov nad Top¾ou, Štefanovce
            Slovakia, Prešov, Štefanovce

            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 14 4:57 AM
              CURRENT MAP
              To locate places in Europe, especially if you are not sure of the proper spelling of the place name, the best reference is found at http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/loctown.htm

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "kitkat99645" <kitkat99645@...> wrote:

              > Didn't find any records for Dediny, Sztraczena but I found these:
              > Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Rožòava, Štefanovce
              > Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Vranov nad Top¾ou, Štefanovce
              > Slovakia, Prešov, Štefanovce

              > > Look the film number(s) up at https://familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp

            • Kathy Ax
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 14 12:23 PM
                These are the correct spellings. Dediny is modern. Was Stefanovce and Imsomething. Szstrczena is the old and Stracene is the new. Your answer is to my question is quick and has no understanding to me. I am frustrated sometimes especially when I ask a question and get a URL. I have no idea what you are saying. That is why I came here to get real answers because I don't have the faintest idea where I am going with this. The bottom line is to get pictures of the records to verify that my ancestors were there. Just tell me what you want me to do, please don't send a URL. That doesn't help. Thank You for all your help. K

                ________________________________
                > Didn't find any records for Dediny, Sztraczena but I found these:
                > Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Rožòava, Štefanovce
                > Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Vranov nad Top¾ou, Štefanovce
                > Slovakia, Prešov, Štefanovce

                > > Look the film number(s) up at https://familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp

              • MGMojher
                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 14 3:03 PM
                  Kathy,
                  To clarify the place names: In 1993 the towns of Imrichovce and Stefanovce were combined to create the new town of Dedinky. In the list below are year ranges and names. That is what those towns were called in that time period. You will notice that for some reason both towns were also called Dedinky in 1920, as well as their original name. Then in 1933 they were joined together as Dedinky. For the record, there are four places in Slovakia named Stefanovce. The Dedinky one was in the Hungarian county of Spis. There is another one Spis, the other two were in the Hungarian counties of Saris and Zemplin. These three counties neighbor one another.
                  Dedinky RV/KI spiš. 1933 zlúč. o. Imrichovce a Štefanovce do o. Dedinky.
                  1933– Dedinky
                  Imrichovce: 1863, 1892–1902 Imrichfalu, 1873–1888 Imrihfalu, 1907–1913 Imrikfalva, 1920 Imrichovce, Dedinky, 1927–1933 Imrichovce
                  Štefanovce: 1863–1902 Istvánfalu, 1907–1913 Kisistvánd, 1920 Štefanovce, Dedinky, 1927–1933 Štefanovce

                  I found no listing for Stracene. The closest to it was Stratena that was once call Sztracena. It is a neighboring village of Dedinky.
                  Stratená RV/KI spiš.
                  1863 Stracena, 1873–1913 Sztracena, 1920–1948 Ztratená, 1948– Stratená

                  So you can understanding the records below go to this website (http://homepages.bmi.net/~latin/) to copy the translations of the headings in the records. Those can be in Latin, Hungarian and Slovak. This site lets you print them and shows examples.

                  The records for Dedinky do not seem to be online yet. You will have to go to the nearest Family History Center at a Mormon Church to order and view them. Take them the following:
                  Title
                  Cirkevná matrika, 1780-1918
                  Authors
                  Rímsko-katolícka cirkev. Farský úrad Štefanovce (Rožňava) (Main Author)

                  Notes
                  Pôvodné dokumenty boli mikrofilmované v Štátnom oblastnom archíve v Košice.
                  Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for Štefanovce (including Imrichovce -- in Hungarian, Istvánfalu, Szepes, Hungary), Slovakia, formerly Imrikfalu, Szepes, Hungary. In 1933, Štefanovce and Imrichovce were merged to form Dedinky. Text in Latin and Hungarian.
                  Štátny oblastný archív Košice: 191-197.

                  Subjects
                  Slovakia, Rožňava, Dedinky - Church records
                  Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Rožňava, Imrichovce - Church records
                  Hungary, Szepes, Imrikfalu - Church records
                  Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Rožňava, Štefanovce - Church records
                  Hungary, Szepes, Istvánfalu - Church records

                  Format
                  Manuscript (On Film)

                  Language
                  Latin
                  Hungarian

                  Publication
                  Salt Lake City, Utah : Mikrofilmy boli zhotovené Genealogickou spoločnosťou štátu Utah, 1994

                  Physical
                  na 3 mikrofilmovaných kotučoch ; 35 mm.

                  Film Notes
                  Note - Location [Film]
                  Krsty 1780-1828 -- Úmrtia 1780-1828 -- Manželstvá 1780-1828 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978728 Item 3 ]
                  Krsty 1829-1843 -- Úmrtia 1829-1843 -- Manželstvá 1829-1843 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978728 Item 4 ]
                  Krsty 1844-1855 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978728 Item 5 ]
                  Úmrtia 1844-1866 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 1 ]
                  Krsty 1867-1892 -- Manželstvá 1867-1892 -- Úmrtia 1867-1892 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 2 ]
                  Krsty 1893-1908 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 3 ]
                  Manželstvá 1893-1925 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 4 ]
                  Úmrtia 1893-1918 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 5 ]
                  Úmrtia 1918 - FHL INTL Film [ 1978730 Item 1 ]