Re: [S-R] contacted family in Slovakia

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 11 3:15 PM
      Thank you VERY much! That is the first time I have seen pictures . So according to the tree, I guess Juraj WOULD be my third cousin. Wow! so there are two sculptors I need to learn about!

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Armata, Joseph R" <armata+@...> wrote:

      > This may be your third cousin:
      > http://www.spectrum-art.sk/anglictina/vytvarna-sekcia/vytvarna_scena-umelci.html
      >
      > And some info about him and Anton, in Slovak:
    • Kathy Ax
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 11 4:01 PM
        Good Going! That's great! I hope to do the same. Congratulations! Kathy

        ________________________________

        --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "Armata, Joseph R" <armata+@...> wrote:

        > This may be your third cousin:
        > http://www.spectrum-art.sk/anglictina/vytvarna-sekcia/vytvarna_scena-umelci.html
        >
        > And some info about him and Anton, in Slovak:

      • lrrykck
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 11 5:43 PM
          Deborah

           Lucky you....

           Anton Cutek was indeed a fantastic and famous sculptor in Bratislava. H is son Juraj [George] born in about the 1950's was also reknown in the art world. I can't remember or cite my sources ...I just take notes on every Slovak artist I can find for my personal benefit.

           ...Ansd as I say, your Anton was one of the best.

          Larry

           congratulations also for finding and communicating with your gr8 grandma's family.

           Yours is one of the best stories I ever heard.

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 11 8:40 PM
            Deborah,
            I don’t know if you can get into this link - http://issuu.com/p3klmn/docs/trikamene?mode=window On page 91-96 is an article on Anton Cutek. In case you cannot here is some of the information for the article.
            Anton Cutek. Born 6 July 1928 at Kubina at Kysuce. In 1957 he became a member of he Mikulas Galanda group. Anton lived in Bratislava, but was in artistic activities in Bansk Stiavnica and was a co-founder of the Kysuce Gallery. He was engaged in small and monumental sculptures. He died on 16 Dec. 2002 in Bratislava.