Re: [S-R] contacted family in Slovakia

  • Elaine
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013
      Anton's son is also an artist named Juraj, born I. 1957, noted as a founding member of Spectrum Art. His email address is listed on the Spectrum website .
      Congratulations Deborah!

      Elaine M

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 11, 2013, at 4:35 PM, "MGMojher" <mgmojher@...> wrote:

      > Deborah,
      > I found an art magazine that has an article on Anton Cutek. He died in 2002. I am download the whole magazine. I will send to your personal e-mail address the pages on him. They show some of his art.

    • Deborah
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013
        Thank you VERY much! That is the first time I have seen pictures . So according to the tree, I guess Juraj WOULD be my third cousin. Wow! so there are two sculptors I need to learn about!

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Armata, Joseph R" <armata+@...> wrote:

        > This may be your third cousin:
        > http://www.spectrum-art.sk/anglictina/vytvarna-sekcia/vytvarna_scena-umelci.html
        >
        > And some info about him and Anton, in Slovak:
      • Kathy Ax
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013
          Good Going! That's great! I hope to do the same. Congratulations! Kathy

          ________________________________

          --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "Armata, Joseph R" <armata+@...> wrote:

          > This may be your third cousin:
          > http://www.spectrum-art.sk/anglictina/vytvarna-sekcia/vytvarna_scena-umelci.html
          >
          > And some info about him and Anton, in Slovak:

        • lrrykck
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013
            Deborah

             Lucky you....

             Anton Cutek was indeed a fantastic and famous sculptor in Bratislava. H is son Juraj [George] born in about the 1950's was also reknown in the art world. I can't remember or cite my sources ...I just take notes on every Slovak artist I can find for my personal benefit.

             ...Ansd as I say, your Anton was one of the best.

            Larry

             congratulations also for finding and communicating with your gr8 grandma's family.

             Yours is one of the best stories I ever heard.

[...]

          • MGMojher
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013
              Deborah,
              I don’t know if you can get into this link - http://issuu.com/p3klmn/docs/trikamene?mode=window On page 91-96 is an article on Anton Cutek. In case you cannot here is some of the information for the article.
              Anton Cutek. Born 6 July 1928 at Kubina at Kysuce. In 1957 he became a member of he Mikulas Galanda group. Anton lived in Bratislava, but was in artistic activities in Bansk Stiavnica and was a co-founder of the Kysuce Gallery. He was engaged in small and monumental sculptures. He died on 16 Dec. 2002 in Bratislava.