Re: [S-R] contacted family in Slovakia

  • MGMojher
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 11 1:35 PM
      Deborah,
      I found an art magazine that has an article on Anton Cutek. He died in 2002. I am download the whole magazine. I will send to your personal e-mail address the pages on him. They show some of his art.

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 11 1:36 PM
        yea! Great news! Kim Roos

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 11 2:59 PM
          Anton's son is also an artist named Juraj, born I. 1957, noted as a founding member of Spectrum Art. His email address is listed on the Spectrum website .
          Congratulations Deborah!

          Elaine M

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Mar 11, 2013, at 4:35 PM, "MGMojher" <mgmojher@...> wrote:

          > Deborah,
          > I found an art magazine that has an article on Anton Cutek. He died in 2002. I am download the whole magazine. I will send to your personal e-mail address the pages on him. They show some of his art.

        • Deborah
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 11 3:15 PM
            Thank you VERY much! That is the first time I have seen pictures . So according to the tree, I guess Juraj WOULD be my third cousin. Wow! so there are two sculptors I need to learn about!

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Armata, Joseph R" <armata+@...> wrote:

            > This may be your third cousin:
            > http://www.spectrum-art.sk/anglictina/vytvarna-sekcia/vytvarna_scena-umelci.html
            >
            > And some info about him and Anton, in Slovak:
          • Kathy Ax
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 11 4:01 PM
              Good Going! That's great! I hope to do the same. Congratulations! Kathy

              ________________________________

              --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "Armata, Joseph R" <armata+@...> wrote:

              > This may be your third cousin:
              > http://www.spectrum-art.sk/anglictina/vytvarna-sekcia/vytvarna_scena-umelci.html
              >
              > And some info about him and Anton, in Slovak:

            • lrrykck
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 11 5:43 PM
                Deborah

                 Lucky you....

                 Anton Cutek was indeed a fantastic and famous sculptor in Bratislava. H is son Juraj [George] born in about the 1950's was also reknown in the art world. I can't remember or cite my sources ...I just take notes on every Slovak artist I can find for my personal benefit.

                 ...Ansd as I say, your Anton was one of the best.

                Larry

                 congratulations also for finding and communicating with your gr8 grandma's family.

                 Yours is one of the best stories I ever heard.

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 11 8:40 PM
                  Deborah,
                  I don’t know if you can get into this link - http://issuu.com/p3klmn/docs/trikamene?mode=window On page 91-96 is an article on Anton Cutek. In case you cannot here is some of the information for the article.
                  Anton Cutek. Born 6 July 1928 at Kubina at Kysuce. In 1957 he became a member of he Mikulas Galanda group. Anton lived in Bratislava, but was in artistic activities in Bansk Stiavnica and was a co-founder of the Kysuce Gallery. He was engaged in small and monumental sculptures. He died on 16 Dec. 2002 in Bratislava.