Re: Surnames Vozar Tomecko

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2013
      Kathy, We are not realy so isolated in Alaska, at least in Anchorage. They have a center off Northern Lights Blvd. I don't know where you are located, but check to see where the nearest LDS temple is at and ask them if they have a viewing room. I do not know if they work with people out in the Bush, but Kenai, the Valley and Fairbanks should be pretty well covered by their presence.

      Drop a line privately and I will see what I can dig out or work out based on your location.

      Ron M
      currently living in Anchorage
      PS/ I likely have the best Slovak library in Alaska

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "kitkat99645" <kitkat99645@...> wrote:

      > I am in a bit of quandry as to how to procede. I live in Alaska and to what I believe is that we have no place to view LDS files. What can I do now to get copies of baptism and marriage records? My relatives lived in sztraczena, the records I'm talking about were coming from Stefanovce, Roznava, Slovakia. Thanks Kathy

    • MGMojher
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2013
        Here is the information about the films you will need for Stefanovce:
        Title
        Cirkevná matrika, 1780-1918

        Authors
        Rímsko-katolícka cirkev. Farský úrad Štefanovce (Rožňava) (Main Author)

        Notes
        Pôvodné dokumenty boli mikrofilmované v Štátnom oblastnom archíve v Košice.
        Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for Štefanovce (including Imrichovce -- in Hungarian, Istvánfalu, Szepes, Hungary), Slovakia, formerly Imrikfalu, Szepes, Hungary. In 1933, Štefanovce and Imrichovce were merged to form Dedinky. Text in Latin and Hungarian.
        Štátny oblastný archív Košice: 191-197.

        Subjects
        Slovakia, Rožňava, Dedinky - Church records
        Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Rožňava, Imrichovce - Church records
        Hungary, Szepes, Imrikfalu - Church records
        Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Rožňava, Štefanovce - Church records
        Hungary, Szepes, Istvánfalu - Church records

        Format
        Manuscript (On Film)

        Language
        Latin
        Hungarian

        Publication
        Salt Lake City, Utah : Mikrofilmy boli zhotovené Genealogickou spoločnosťou štátu Utah, 1994

        Physical
        na 3 mikrofilmovaných kotučoch ; 35 mm.

        Film Notes
        Note - Location [Film]
        Krsty 1780-1828 -- Úmrtia 1780-1828 -- Manželstvá 1780-1828 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978728 Item 3 ]
        Krsty 1829-1843 -- Úmrtia 1829-1843 -- Manželstvá 1829-1843 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978728 Item 4 ]
        Krsty 1844-1855 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978728 Item 5 ]
        Úmrtia 1844-1866 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 1 ]
        Krsty 1867-1892 -- Manželstvá 1867-1892 -- Úmrtia 1867-1892 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 2 ]
        Krsty 1893-1908 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 3 ]
        Manželstvá 1893-1925 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 4 ]
        Úmrtia 1893-1918 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 5 ]
        Úmrtia 1918 - FHL INTL Film [ 1978730 Item 1 ]

        © 2002 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.