Surnames Vozar Tomecko

  • kitkat99645
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2013
      I am in a bit of quandry as to how to procede. I live in Alaska and to what I believe is that we have no place to view LDS files. What can I do now to get copies of baptism and marriage records? My relatives lived in sztraczena, the records I'm talking about were coming from Stefanovce, Roznava, Slovakia. Thanks Kathy
    • Ron
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2013
        Kathy, We are not realy so isolated in Alaska, at least in Anchorage. They have a center off Northern Lights Blvd. I don't know where you are located, but check to see where the nearest LDS temple is at and ask them if they have a viewing room. I do not know if they work with people out in the Bush, but Kenai, the Valley and Fairbanks should be pretty well covered by their presence.

        Drop a line privately and I will see what I can dig out or work out based on your location.

        Ron M
        currently living in Anchorage
        PS/ I likely have the best Slovak library in Alaska

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "kitkat99645" <kitkat99645@...> wrote:

        > I am in a bit of quandry as to how to procede. I live in Alaska and to what I believe is that we have no place to view LDS files. What can I do now to get copies of baptism and marriage records? My relatives lived in sztraczena, the records I'm talking about were coming from Stefanovce, Roznava, Slovakia. Thanks Kathy

      • MGMojher
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11, 2013
          Here is the information about the films you will need for Stefanovce:
          Title
          Cirkevná matrika, 1780-1918

          Authors
          Rímsko-katolícka cirkev. Farský úrad Štefanovce (Rožňava) (Main Author)

          Notes
          Pôvodné dokumenty boli mikrofilmované v Štátnom oblastnom archíve v Košice.
          Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for Štefanovce (including Imrichovce -- in Hungarian, Istvánfalu, Szepes, Hungary), Slovakia, formerly Imrikfalu, Szepes, Hungary. In 1933, Štefanovce and Imrichovce were merged to form Dedinky. Text in Latin and Hungarian.
          Štátny oblastný archív Košice: 191-197.

          Subjects
          Slovakia, Rožňava, Dedinky - Church records
          Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Rožňava, Imrichovce - Church records
          Hungary, Szepes, Imrikfalu - Church records
          Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Rožňava, Štefanovce - Church records
          Hungary, Szepes, Istvánfalu - Church records

          Format
          Manuscript (On Film)

          Language
          Latin
          Hungarian

          Publication
          Salt Lake City, Utah : Mikrofilmy boli zhotovené Genealogickou spoločnosťou štátu Utah, 1994

          Physical
          na 3 mikrofilmovaných kotučoch ; 35 mm.

          Film Notes
          Note - Location [Film]
          Krsty 1780-1828 -- Úmrtia 1780-1828 -- Manželstvá 1780-1828 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978728 Item 3 ]
          Krsty 1829-1843 -- Úmrtia 1829-1843 -- Manželstvá 1829-1843 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978728 Item 4 ]
          Krsty 1844-1855 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978728 Item 5 ]
          Úmrtia 1844-1866 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 1 ]
          Krsty 1867-1892 -- Manželstvá 1867-1892 -- Úmrtia 1867-1892 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 2 ]
          Krsty 1893-1908 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 3 ]
          Manželstvá 1893-1925 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 4 ]
          Úmrtia 1893-1918 - FHL INTL Access Services Window [ 1978729 Item 5 ]
          Úmrtia 1918 - FHL INTL Film [ 1978730 Item 1 ]

          © 2002 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.