Re: [S-R] Re: SEARCHING FOR SLOVAKIA RECORDS ON FAMILY SEARCH

  • davidsadventure4
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 10, 2013
      Dear Peter:

      Thank you for the suggestion. Now, if I can just find the right books
      through the "browse" through images section.

      Best regards,

      David

      In a message dated 3/10/2013 9:04:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      htcstech@... writes:

      " The typical view image when I find a particular person does not appear to
      allow
      me to page through the rest of the book. Am I missing something? Please
      advise."

      That's either a bug or by design.
      Take note of the internal page number in the book you are looking at. Then
      use the 'Browse through images' option instead*, look for your religion,
      town and record, then find your page. That way the forward-back buttons
      appear.

      Peter M.

      * Back to the home page, then at the bottom part you'll see Continental
      Europe. Choose Slovakia, then religion.

      On 11 March 2013 10:54, John <_johnqadam@..._
      (mailto:johnqadam@...) > wrote:

      > **

      > differently (different groupings) than the parishes set forth in the LDS
      > films? I would like to be able to search the parish records books page by
      > page, but I want to make sure that I have the right grouping of records
      > first, so I do not wind up going on a wild goose chase.<<<
      >
      > My approach is to use the old film listing and then record digitized page
      > numbers as I go along. I keep that index on my computer. Here is a
      simple
      > example.
      >
      > Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for
      > Budkovce, Slovakia, formerly Butka, Zemplén, Hungary. May include
      Dúbravka,