Re: [S-R] download utility for FAMILY SEARCH

  • Bette
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 8 10:55 PM
      I tried several time to download and use it today and finally got the
      same FORBIDDEN message. I called Tech Support at Familysearch for help
      and they knew nothing about it...they got the same forbidden message
      when typing in the url......

      I went to Ff Facebook page and saw that FilmFast Ended 2013. They
      thanked everyone and said that "....... FastFilm website has been
      deleted and will no longer be available due to maintain Familysearch's
      agreements. FastFilm is not endorsed for use by Familysearch."
      Bette

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, hmsbob@... wrote:

      > i clicked on the url and it came up FORBIDDEN you do not have
      > permission to access.
      >

      > In a message dated 3/8/2013 10:45:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      > dcolello@... writes:
      >

      > I just tried out the download utility below and it works wonderfully!
      > I'm in the process of downloading all the church and census records
      for the
      > hometowns I'm interested in. No issues at all so far. Pictures
      are saved
      > with filenames in numerical order and there's also an index text file
      that
      > includes the location from which they were downloaded along with the
      > date/time of download.
      >
      > Aside from installing Java on you machine (a single click plus a
      simple
      > install process), there's no other changes needed. (However, since
      Java has

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 9 11:29 AM
        Oh no! I watched the you tube tutorial last week and was planning to
        download the program and use it (even thought about a year ago I did the
        painstaking task of going through each page one by one and saving).

        Does anyone know if you have the program if it will still work on the
        records? If so, would anyone be willing to email me the zip file?

        Julie

        _
        > No ,I have not tried it out yet. I intend to very soon...
        >
        > Dennis
        > --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, Julie Michutka wrote:
        > >
        > > Dennis, have you tried it out yourself? Just curious to hear what
        > someone's experience has been.
        > >
        > > ~ Julie Michutka
        > > jmm@
        > >
        > > On Mar 3, 2013, at 8:54 AM, patskanovo wrote:
        > >
        > > > Cool utility for downloading records.....
        > > >
        > > > Dennis
        > > >
        > > > _http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/_
        > (http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/)

      • Bernardine Weigand
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 9 8:08 PM
          Thank you all for input.....had a tutorial from my grandson and now
          know what to do using my Mac and iPhoto. Now it seems simple...lol

          Bernardine (Deanie)