Re: [S-R] download utility for FAMILY SEARCH

  • hmsbob
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
      i clicked on the url and it came up FORBIDDEN you do not have
      permission to access.

      In a message dated 3/8/2013 10:45:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      dcolello@... writes:

      I just tried out the download utility below and it works wonderfully!
      I'm in the process of downloading all the church and census records for the
      hometowns I'm interested in. No issues at all so far. Pictures are saved
      with filenames in numerical order and there's also an index text file that
      includes the location from which they were downloaded along with the
      date/time of download.

      Aside from installing Java on you machine (a single click plus a simple
      install process), there's no other changes needed. (However, since Java has
      known security holes, I'd suggest disabling Java in your browser or
      uninstalling it altogether once you are done downloading your records.)

      David

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
        I guess they must know who you are....

         seriously,...I think you have to have Java enabled to use it.

        larry

        No ,I have not  tried it out yet. I intend to very soon...

        Dennis
        --- In  mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, Julie Michutka wrote:

        >  Dennis, have you tried it out yourself? Just curious to hear what
        someone's  experience has been.

        > ~ Julie Michutka
        > jmm@...
        >
        > On Mar 3, 2013, at 8:54 AM, patskanovo wrote:
        >
        > >  Cool utility for downloading records.....
        > >
        > >  Dennis
        > >
        > > _http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/_
        (http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/)
        >  >

        [Non-text portions of this message have been  removed]

      • Bette
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
          I tried several time to download and use it today and finally got the
          same FORBIDDEN message. I called Tech Support at Familysearch for help
          and they knew nothing about it...they got the same forbidden message
          when typing in the url......

          I went to Ff Facebook page and saw that FilmFast Ended 2013. They
          thanked everyone and said that "....... FastFilm website has been
          deleted and will no longer be available due to maintain Familysearch's
          agreements. FastFilm is not endorsed for use by Familysearch."
          Bette

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, hmsbob@... wrote:

          > i clicked on the url and it came up FORBIDDEN you do not have
          > permission to access.
          >

          > In a message dated 3/8/2013 10:45:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          > dcolello@... writes:
          >

          > I just tried out the download utility below and it works wonderfully!
          > I'm in the process of downloading all the church and census records
          for the
          > hometowns I'm interested in. No issues at all so far. Pictures
          are saved
          > with filenames in numerical order and there's also an index text file
          that
          > includes the location from which they were downloaded along with the
          > date/time of download.
          >
          > Aside from installing Java on you machine (a single click plus a
          simple
          > install process), there's no other changes needed. (However, since
          Java has
          > known security holes, I'd suggest disabling Java in your browser or
          > uninstalling it altogether once you are done downloading your
          records.)

          > David
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Julie Mark
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 9, 2013
            Oh no! I watched the you tube tutorial last week and was planning to
            download the program and use it (even thought about a year ago I did the
            painstaking task of going through each page one by one and saving).

            Does anyone know if you have the program if it will still work on the
            records? If so, would anyone be willing to email me the zip file?

            Julie

            _
            > No ,I have not tried it out yet. I intend to very soon...
            >
            > Dennis
            > --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, Julie Michutka wrote:
            > >
            > > Dennis, have you tried it out yourself? Just curious to hear what
            > someone's experience has been.
            > >
            > > ~ Julie Michutka
            > > jmm@
            > >
            > > On Mar 3, 2013, at 8:54 AM, patskanovo wrote:
            > >
            > > > Cool utility for downloading records.....
            > > >
            > > > Dennis
            > > >
            > > > _http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/_
            > (http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/)

          • Bernardine Weigand
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 9, 2013
              Thank you all for input.....had a tutorial from my grandson and now
              know what to do using my Mac and iPhoto. Now it seems simple...lol

              Bernardine (Deanie)