Re: [S-R] download utility for FAMILY SEARCH

  • hmsbob
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
      i clicked on the url and it came up FORBIDDEN you do not have
      permission to access.

      In a message dated 3/8/2013 10:45:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      dcolello@... writes:

      I just tried out the download utility below and it works wonderfully!
      I'm in the process of downloading all the church and census records for the
      hometowns I'm interested in. No issues at all so far. Pictures are saved
      with filenames in numerical order and there's also an index text file that
      includes the location from which they were downloaded along with the
      date/time of download.

      Aside from installing Java on you machine (a single click plus a simple
      install process), there's no other changes needed. (However, since Java has
      known security holes, I'd suggest disabling Java in your browser or
      uninstalling it altogether once you are done downloading your records.)

      David

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
        HI,To change the format of a photo on a Mac, or reduce its size, try this.Drag the photo onto your desk top. Then double click that icon."Preview" will now show on the bar at the top of your screen.Click on "File", then "Save As", You now can change the format of the photo or reduce its size.
        Ed
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
          I guess they must know who you are....

           seriously,...I think you have to have Java enabled to use it.

          larry

          No ,I have not  tried it out yet. I intend to very soon...

          Dennis
          --- In  mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, Julie Michutka wrote:

          >  Dennis, have you tried it out yourself? Just curious to hear what
          someone's  experience has been.

          > ~ Julie Michutka
          > jmm@...
          >
          > On Mar 3, 2013, at 8:54 AM, patskanovo wrote:
          >
          > >  Cool utility for downloading records.....
          > >
          > >  Dennis
          > >
          > > _http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/_
          (http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/)
          >  >

          [Non-text portions of this message have been  removed]

        • Bette
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
            I tried several time to download and use it today and finally got the
            same FORBIDDEN message. I called Tech Support at Familysearch for help
            and they knew nothing about it...they got the same forbidden message
            when typing in the url......

            I went to Ff Facebook page and saw that FilmFast Ended 2013. They
            thanked everyone and said that "....... FastFilm website has been
            deleted and will no longer be available due to maintain Familysearch's
            agreements. FastFilm is not endorsed for use by Familysearch."
            Bette

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, hmsbob@... wrote:

            > i clicked on the url and it came up FORBIDDEN you do not have
            > permission to access.
            >

            > In a message dated 3/8/2013 10:45:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
            > dcolello@... writes:
            >

            > I just tried out the download utility below and it works wonderfully!
            > I'm in the process of downloading all the church and census records
            for the
            > hometowns I'm interested in. No issues at all so far. Pictures
            are saved
            > with filenames in numerical order and there's also an index text file
            that
            > includes the location from which they were downloaded along with the
            > date/time of download.
            >
            > Aside from installing Java on you machine (a single click plus a
            simple
            > install process), there's no other changes needed. (However, since
            Java has
            > known security holes, I'd suggest disabling Java in your browser or
            > uninstalling it altogether once you are done downloading your
            records.)

            > David
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Julie Mark
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 9, 2013
              Oh no! I watched the you tube tutorial last week and was planning to
              download the program and use it (even thought about a year ago I did the
              painstaking task of going through each page one by one and saving).

              Does anyone know if you have the program if it will still work on the
              records? If so, would anyone be willing to email me the zip file?

              Julie

              _
              > No ,I have not tried it out yet. I intend to very soon...
              >
              > Dennis
              > --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, Julie Michutka wrote:
              > >
              > > Dennis, have you tried it out yourself? Just curious to hear what
              > someone's experience has been.
              > >
              > > ~ Julie Michutka
              > > jmm@
              > >
              > > On Mar 3, 2013, at 8:54 AM, patskanovo wrote:
              > >
              > > > Cool utility for downloading records.....
              > > >
              > > > Dennis
              > > >
              > > > _http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/_
              > (http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/)

            • Bernardine Weigand
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 9, 2013
                Thank you all for input.....had a tutorial from my grandson and now
                know what to do using my Mac and iPhoto. Now it seems simple...lol

                Bernardine (Deanie)