Re: FAMILY SEARCH

  • Bette
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
      I would love to have this but still cannot get it to work. If anyone has a Mac and can help me, please email me.
      Thanks,
      Bette

      > Cool utility for downloading records.....
      >
      > Dennis
      >
      > http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/

    • hmsbob
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
        i clicked on the url and it came up FORBIDDEN you do not have
        permission to access.

        In a message dated 3/8/2013 10:45:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        dcolello@... writes:

        I just tried out the download utility below and it works wonderfully!
        I'm in the process of downloading all the church and census records for the
        hometowns I'm interested in. No issues at all so far. Pictures are saved
        with filenames in numerical order and there's also an index text file that
        includes the location from which they were downloaded along with the
        date/time of download.

        Aside from installing Java on you machine (a single click plus a simple
        install process), there's no other changes needed. (However, since Java has
        known security holes, I'd suggest disabling Java in your browser or
        uninstalling it altogether once you are done downloading your records.)

        David

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
          I have a Mac also and having difficulty trying to transfer a large
          image to my iphoto library. It seems I can get only a thumbnail. I
          see my cousin on the porch..exciting! If anyone has the time to do
          so, please email me.

          Thank you,
          Bernardine
          On Mar 8, 2013, at 7:49 PM, Bette wrote:

          > I would love to have this but still cannot get it to work. If anyone
          > has a Mac and can help me, please email me.
          > Thanks,
          > Bette
          >
          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Cool utility for downloading records.....
          > >
          > > Dennis
          > >
          > > http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/

        • Bette Triscik
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
            Is your image a JPEG PNG or a tiff?
            What happens when you try to import it to the library? I need a little more info in order to help you

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Mar 8, 2013, at 6:23 PM, Bernardine Weigand <deanniew@...> wrote:

            > I have a Mac also and having difficulty trying to transfer a large
            > image to my iphoto library. It seems I can get only a thumbnail. I
            > see my cousin on the porch..exciting! If anyone has the time to do
            > so, please email me.
            >
            > Thank you,
            > Bernardine
            > On Mar 8, 2013, at 7:49 PM, Bette wrote:
            >
            >> I would love to have this but still cannot get it to work. If anyone
            >> has a Mac and can help me, please email me.
            >> Thanks,
            >> Bette
            >>
            >> --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...>
            >> wrote:
            >>>
            >>> Cool utility for downloading records.....
            >>>
            >>> Dennis
            >>>
            >>> http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/

          • edward amrick
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
              HI,To change the format of a photo on a Mac, or reduce its size, try this.Drag the photo onto your desk top. Then double click that icon."Preview" will now show on the bar at the top of your screen.Click on "File", then "Save As", You now can change the format of the photo or reduce its size.
              Ed
              I have a Mac also and having difficulty trying to transfer a large
              image to my iphoto library.  It seems I can get only a thumbnail.   I
              see my cousin on the porch..exciting!  If anyone has the time to do
              so, please email me.

              Thank you,
              Bernardine
              On Mar 8, 2013, at 7:49 PM, Bette wrote:

              > I would love to have this but still cannot get it to work. If anyone
              > has a Mac and can help me, please email me.
              > Thanks,
              > Bette
              >
              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Cool utility for downloading records.....
              > >
              > > Dennis
              > >
              > > http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/

            • lrrykck
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
                I guess they must know who you are....

                 seriously,...I think you have to have Java enabled to use it.

                larry

                No ,I have not  tried it out yet. I intend to very soon...

                Dennis
                --- In  mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, Julie Michutka wrote:

                >  Dennis, have you tried it out yourself? Just curious to hear what
                someone's  experience has been.

                > ~ Julie Michutka
                > jmm@...
                >
                > On Mar 3, 2013, at 8:54 AM, patskanovo wrote:
                >
                > >  Cool utility for downloading records.....
                > >
                > >  Dennis
                > >
                > > _http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/_
                (http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/)
                >  >

                [Non-text portions of this message have been  removed]

              • Bette
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
                  I tried several time to download and use it today and finally got the
                  same FORBIDDEN message. I called Tech Support at Familysearch for help
                  and they knew nothing about it...they got the same forbidden message
                  when typing in the url......

                  I went to Ff Facebook page and saw that FilmFast Ended 2013. They
                  thanked everyone and said that "....... FastFilm website has been
                  deleted and will no longer be available due to maintain Familysearch's
                  agreements. FastFilm is not endorsed for use by Familysearch."
                  Bette

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, hmsbob@... wrote:

                  > i clicked on the url and it came up FORBIDDEN you do not have
                  > permission to access.
                  >

                  > In a message dated 3/8/2013 10:45:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                  > dcolello@... writes:
                  >

                  > I just tried out the download utility below and it works wonderfully!
                  > I'm in the process of downloading all the church and census records
                  for the
                  > hometowns I'm interested in. No issues at all so far. Pictures
                  are saved
                  > with filenames in numerical order and there's also an index text file
                  that
                  > includes the location from which they were downloaded along with the
                  > date/time of download.
                  >
                  > Aside from installing Java on you machine (a single click plus a
                  simple
                  > install process), there's no other changes needed. (However, since
                  Java has
                  > known security holes, I'd suggest disabling Java in your browser or
                  > uninstalling it altogether once you are done downloading your
                  records.)

                  > David
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Julie Mark
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 9, 2013
                    Oh no! I watched the you tube tutorial last week and was planning to
                    download the program and use it (even thought about a year ago I did the
                    painstaking task of going through each page one by one and saving).

                    Does anyone know if you have the program if it will still work on the
                    records? If so, would anyone be willing to email me the zip file?

                    Julie

                    _
                    > No ,I have not tried it out yet. I intend to very soon...
                    >
                    > Dennis
                    > --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, Julie Michutka wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Dennis, have you tried it out yourself? Just curious to hear what
                    > someone's experience has been.
                    > >
                    > > ~ Julie Michutka
                    > > jmm@
                    > >
                    > > On Mar 3, 2013, at 8:54 AM, patskanovo wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > Cool utility for downloading records.....
                    > > >
                    > > > Dennis
                    > > >
                    > > > _http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/_
                    > (http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jbejaran/FastFilm/)

                  • Bernardine Weigand
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 9, 2013
                      Thank you all for input.....had a tutorial from my grandson and now
                      know what to do using my Mac and iPhoto. Now it seems simple...lol

                      Bernardine (Deanie)