Re: [S-R] What would be my next step?

  • Elaine Powell
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7, 2013
      When I visited eastern Slovakia a year or so ago, I used Michal Razus, and he was excellent! He took me to every town/village/church my family was associated with, and also recommended an affordable and delightful pensione. We met with possible relatives, and he led me through the process for getting official documents relating to my grandfather. Turns out he was actually 2years older than the Ellis Island ship records showed! His contact info is:

      michal.razus@...

      Good luck,

      Elaine P

      On Mar 6, 2013, at 11:01 PM, Nick <nickh@...> wrote:

      > >My suggestion is to use a Slovak based genealogist. I used Vladimir
      > >Bohinc email konekta@...
      >
      > I received many birth certificates and some marriage ones as well and
      > was extremely happy with results.
      >
      > Regards
      > Nick

    • Patricia Ehret
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 20, 2013
        Thanks for the suggestion.  I've just found out that the churches' records were sent to the state
        archives during the communist era so am figuring out how to get official records.  Can you
        tell me whether it's possible to get official or certified copies of the records?  And, does
        Vladimir correspond in English?

        Thanks,

        Patricia

        ________________________________
        >My suggestion is to use a Slovak based genealogist. I used Vladimir
        >Bohinc email konekta@...

        I received many birth certificates and some marriage ones as well and
        was extremely happy with results.

        Regards
        Nick

      • Julie Michutka
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 20, 2013
          Vladimir's English is very good. Several of us on the list have used his services and been very happy with the results (myself included).

          ~ Julie Michutka
          jmm@...

          On Mar 20, 2013, at 2:38 PM, Patricia Ehret wrote:

          > Thanks for the suggestion. I've just found out that the churches' records were sent to the state
          > archives during the communist era so am figuring out how to get official records. Can you
          > tell me whether it's possible to get official or certified copies of the records? And, does
          > Vladimir correspond in English?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Patricia

        • Nick
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 20, 2013
            Yes, Vladimir, does correspond in English, he
            lived and worked in the U.S. for a time.