Re: Fw: [S-R] What would be my next step?

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6 9:01 PM
      >My suggestion is to use a Slovak based genealogist. I used Vladimir
      >Bohinc email konekta@...

      I received many birth certificates and some marriage ones as well and
      was extremely happy with results.

      Regards
      Nick
    • Elaine Powell
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7 6:34 PM
        When I visited eastern Slovakia a year or so ago, I used Michal Razus, and he was excellent! He took me to every town/village/church my family was associated with, and also recommended an affordable and delightful pensione. We met with possible relatives, and he led me through the process for getting official documents relating to my grandfather. Turns out he was actually 2years older than the Ellis Island ship records showed! His contact info is:

        michal.razus@...

        Good luck,

        Elaine P

        On Mar 6, 2013, at 11:01 PM, Nick <nickh@...> wrote:

        > >My suggestion is to use a Slovak based genealogist. I used Vladimir
        > >Bohinc email konekta@...
        >
        > I received many birth certificates and some marriage ones as well and
        > was extremely happy with results.
        >
        > Regards
        > Nick

      • Patricia Ehret
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 20 11:38 AM
          Thanks for the suggestion.  I've just found out that the churches' records were sent to the state
          archives during the communist era so am figuring out how to get official records.  Can you
          tell me whether it's possible to get official or certified copies of the records?  And, does
          Vladimir correspond in English?

          Thanks,

          Patricia

          ________________________________
          >My suggestion is to use a Slovak based genealogist. I used Vladimir
          >Bohinc email konekta@...

          I received many birth certificates and some marriage ones as well and
          was extremely happy with results.

          Regards
          Nick

        • Julie Michutka
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 20 3:55 PM
            Vladimir's English is very good. Several of us on the list have used his services and been very happy with the results (myself included).

            ~ Julie Michutka
            jmm@...

            On Mar 20, 2013, at 2:38 PM, Patricia Ehret wrote:

            > Thanks for the suggestion. I've just found out that the churches' records were sent to the state
            > archives during the communist era so am figuring out how to get official records. Can you
            > tell me whether it's possible to get official or certified copies of the records? And, does
            > Vladimir correspond in English?
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Patricia

          • Nick
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 20 6:24 PM
              Yes, Vladimir, does correspond in English, he
              lived and worked in the U.S. for a time.